Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.sta...216.html%3Famp

He's coming.

ReputationRep:
    As Trump's mother is Scottish, I believe that means he is enititled to British citizenship. He should apply forthwith, preventing any possible chance of being banned from the UK. It would be worth it alone just to witness all the screeching, anti-Trump leftists go into an apocalyptic meltdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)
    As Trump's mother is Scottish, I believe that means he is enititled to British citizenship. He should apply forthwith, preventing any possible chance of being banned from the UK. It would be worth it alone just to witness all the screeching, anti-Trump leftists go into an apocalyptic meltdown.
    I'm just glad Americans won't be voting for him after these 4 years and I'm 100% sure that Brits will not stand for a similar ban on refugees :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I'm just glad Americans won't be voting for him after these 4 years and I'm 100% sure that Brits will not stand for a similar ban on refugees :-)
    100% of the entire population or 100% of the 48% that voted Remain? Or is it a bit more complex than that?
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    I really do dislike him, he's a racist, homophobic, sexist **** - but at the end of the day he's the president of America now and we can't change that - we need to keep things civil and the best way to influence him is to through talks with him, hopefully the UK can help to dilute some of his extreme views, or we can try at least. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer and all that.

ReputationRep:
    Not surprising from a country that voted Brexit. Not to mention he is the president...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    100% of the entire population or 100% of the 48% that voted Remain? Or is it a bit more complex than that?
    I'm 100% sure it's never going to happen. Theresa May has condemned it. don't get your hopes up!

ReputationRep:
    As much as I despise him, I don't have a problem with Trump coming the UK.

Just because Trump and his delicate Trumpanzees want to turn the USA into a safe space to protect themselves from what threatens them (refugees from certain countries, Mexicans, quality foreign imports) doesn't mean Britain has to follow.

I'm 100% sure it's never going to happen. Theresa May has condemned it. don't get your hopes up!
    I wonder if the UK may eventually surpass the US in racial diversity. That would be interesting and quite ironic.

(Original post by Quantex)
    As much as I despise him, I don't have a problem with Trump coming the UK.

Just because Trump and his delicate Trumpanzees want to turn the USA into a safe space to protect themselves from what threatens them (refugees from certain countries, Mexicans, quality foreign imports) doesn't mean Britain has to follow.
    Not a 'Trumpanzee', but that is a huge oversimplification of international trade issues. The US seems to complain most about Chinese goods, which are hardly what I would call quality. I haven't heard anywhere near the same level of complaints about German goods, despite the US running a very large deficit with Germany, and Germany having an export surplus comparable to China's.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    The US seems to complain most about Chinese goods, which are hardly what I would call quality..
    Where are iphones made?

And much of Trump's campaign merchandise for that matter...

ReputationRep:
    Not a 'Trumpanzee', but that is a huge oversimplification of international trade issues. The US seems to complain most about Chinese goods, which are hardly what I would call quality. I haven't heard anywhere near the same level of complaints about German goods, despite the US running a very large deficit with Germany, and Germany having an export surplus comparable to China's.
    His advisers have already excused Germany of devaluing the Euro to gain an export advantage.

(Original post by jneill)
    Where are iphones made?

And much of Trump's campaign merchandise for that matter...
    It is assembled mostly in China.

But here is a list of where its components are made:

Accelerometer: Bosch in Germany. Invensense in the United States.
    Audio Chipsets and Codec: Cirrus Logic in the United States (outsourced for manufacturing).
    Baseband processor: Qualcomm in the United States (outsourced for manufacturing).
    Batteries: Samsung in South Korea. Huizhou Desay Battery in China.
    Cameras: Sony in Japan. OmniVision in the United States produces the front-facing FaceTime camera chip but subcontracts TMSC (in Taiwan) for manufacturing.
    Chipsets and Processors: Samsung in South Korea and TSMC in Taiwan. Alongside their partner GlobalFoundries in the United States.
    Controller Chips: PMC Sierra and Broadcom Corp in the United States (outsourced for manufacturing).
    Display: Japan Display and Sharp in Japan. LG Display in South Korea.
    DRAM: TSMC in Taiwan. SK Hynix in South Korea.
    eCompass: Alps Electric in Japan.
    Fingerprint sensor authentication: Authentec makes it in China but outsources it to Taiwan for manufacturing.
    Flash memory: Toshiba in Japan and Samsung in South Korea.
    Gyroscope: STMicroelectronics in France and Italy.
    Inductor coils (audio): TDK in Japan.
    Main Chassis Assembly: Foxconn and Pegatron in China.
    Mixed-signal chips (such as NFC): NXP in Netherlands.
    Plastic Constructions (for the iPhone 5c): Hi-P and Green Point in Singapore.
    Radio Frequency Modules: Win Semiconductors (module manufacturers Avago and RF Micro Devices) in Taiwan. Avago technologies and TriQuint Semiconductor in the United States. Qualcomm in the United States for LTE connectivity.
    Screen and Glass (for the display): Corning (Gorilla Glass) in the United States. GT Advanced Technologies produces the sapphire crystals in the screens.
    Semiconductors: Texas Instruments, Fairchild and Maxim Integrated in the United States.
    Touch ID sensor: TSMC and Xintec in Taiwan.
    Touchscreen Controller: Broadcom in the United States (outsourced for manufacturing).
    Transmitter and Amplification Modules: Skyworks and Qorvo in the United States (outsourced for manufacturing).

http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/ap...xconn-3633832/

ReputationRep:
    When the Saudi's came for their state visit, I didn't see any leftie snowflakes complain. One standard for Moslems and another for Non-Moslems?

Lefties doing what they do best, being hypocrites. No doubt these were the same idiots that petitioned for a second referendum :doh:
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    It is assembled mostly in China.
    Assembly is a fairly important part of the process though.

(Original post by yudothis)
    His advisers have already excused Germany of devaluing the Euro to gain an export advantage.
    True, but 'Trumpanzees' are still much much more worried about Chinese imports, by many orders of magnitude.

ReputationRep:
    Best not count all your hens before they've hatched. This time last year, nobody (myself included) believed Trump would even win the presidential nomination, let alone the actual presidency. Well, look what happened.

The world you thought you knew is crumbling and we are entering an era of change the likes of which we have not seen for many decades, maybe even centuries. Real change, not the platitudinous "change" flacid politicians like Obama and Truduea love to drone on about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)
    Best not count all your hens before they've hatched. This time last year, nobody (myself included) believed Trump would even win the presidential nomination, let alone the actual presidency. Well, look what happened.

The world you thought you knew is crumbling and we are entering an era of change the likes of which we have not seen for many decades, maybe even centuries. Real change, not the platitudinous "change" flacid politicians like Obama and Truduea love to drone on about.
    Yes,a white supremacist president is making 'real changes'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)

Maybe in a year we will all be dead, and our species on the brink of extinction after global thermonuclear war. Who knows, right?

ReputationRep:
    Yes,a white supremacist president is making 'real changes'.
    Please stop confusing him for a white supremacist, doing this really makes white supremacy feel much weaker,if you look at real white supremacists they are horribly racist and view blacks and other minorities as slaves. watch a Louie Theroux on them, It shows you how they are on their best of days.

You can hate trump all you want but he is no white supremacist

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.