Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by AperfectBalance)
      Please stop confusing him for a white supremacist, doing this really makes white supremacy feel much weaker,if you look at real white supremacists they are horribly racist and view blacks and other minorities as slaves. watch a Louie Theroux on them, It shows you how they are on their best of days.

You can hate trump all you want but he is no white supremacist
      If he were a white supremacist, he would act in stages. He could very well be a white supremacist, slowly pushing the US into a race war. That seems to be his plan at the moment...
      • Section Leader
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Quantex)
      As much as I despise him, I don't have a problem with Trump coming the UK.

Just because Trump and his delicate Trumpanzees want to turn the USA into a safe space to protect themselves from what threatens them (refugees from certain countries, Mexicans, quality foreign imports) doesn't mean Britain has to follow.
      This. UK won't be implementing any of the snowflakes policies, and he's necessary to keep close.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      If he were a white supremacist, he would act in stages. He could very well be a white supremacist, slowly pushing the US into a race war. That seems to be his plan at the moment...
      You are as silly as those people that claim jews run the world or that obama is a lizard, although you hide under a veil of *Intelligent* words and long paragraphs

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
      I really do dislike him, he's a racist, homophobic, sexist **** - but at the end of the day he's the president of America now and we can't change that - we need to keep things civil and the best way to influence him is to through talks with him, hopefully the UK can help to dilute some of his extreme views, or we can try at least. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer and all that.
      Please, do quote us something Trump has said that might be construed as homophobic, or even racist.

You are as silly as those people that claim jews run the world or that obama is a lizard, although you hide under a veil of *Intelligent* words and long paragraphs
        Gardyloo! I must say that it is utterly bumfuzzling that you should accuse me of taradiddle; now stop widdershinning in your characteristic snickersnee fashion, it is giving me collywobbles. Your arguments are utterly cattywampus.
        • Very Important Poster

Hardly surprising considering the offer has already been given and to refuse would be a massive insult.
        He is also visiting as the leader of one of our closest allies and representative of his country, so his policies are overshadowed.
        I dont think he should have been offered it this early considering previous protocol, but he's coming now. The need for a trade deal is great and the UK needs friends. Would have been more senisble to have it three years down the line when things had settled..

Agreeing with the visit doesnt automatically mean you agree with his policies.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by queen-bee)
        I'm just glad Americans won't be voting for him after these 4 years and I'm 100% sure that Brits will not stand for a similar ban on refugees :-)
        If he does a better job than Obama, which in all honesty won't be that difficult, then there is nothing to stop him getting re-elected. The silly protests will eventually stop once those with a mind of their own realise that America is benefiting from Trump's presidency.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by queen-bee)
        I'm just glad Americans won't be voting for him after these 4 years and I'm 100% sure that Brits will not stand for a similar ban on refugees :-)
        You never know what will happen in 4 years time.

Most people said he never even make it into the presidential race... Then they said he had no chance of winning... Then they were are proved wrong.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by nutz99)
        If he does a better job than Obama, which in all honesty won't be that difficult, then there is nothing to stop him getting re-elected. The silly protests will eventually stop once those with a mind of their own realise that America is benefiting from Trump's presidency.
        He is destroying core values that America has gone to war for.

Perceived economic or security benefits are just that, perceived, and not worth it. In addition, he is creating an incredibly unstable world.

No one but his laphounds would believe that America is benefiting from a Trump presidency.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Mathemagicien)
        Fingerprint sensor authentication: Authentec makes it in China but outsources it to Taiwan for manufacturing.
        Make? Manufacture? Difference?
        • Section Leader
        • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
        The State Visit is clearly a political carrot from May to DT.

Other presidents had to wait a lot longer to get a Visit, and Clinton and Bush (snr) never got one at all.

Name:  US President State Visits.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  55.1 KB

NB. Combines data from the royal.uk list of State Visits, and the US equivalent. Curiously Reagan's visit isn't on the UK list but is on the US one (there were diplomatic "problems" apparently). And Obama's is on the UK list but not the US one. Hmm... curious...

It just seems rather odd to give the carrot before anything good for Britain has actually happened. It's like tipping a waiter for good service, before you get the meal.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by jneill)
        The State Visit is clearly a political carrot from May to DT.

Other presidents had to wait a lot longer to get a Visit, and Clinton and Bush (snr) never got one at all.

It just seems rather odd to give the carrot before anything good for Britain has actually happened. It's like tipping a waiter for good service, before you get the meal.
        She is trying to indulge his narcissism. Make him feel special.

ReputationRep:
        Another poll from YouGov published today has received less coverage.

If Trump's "Muslim ban" (which actually isn't a Muslim ban of course, but we live in an alternative truth era) were introduced in the UK:

52% would either be pleased or wouldn't care, or don't know if they care.

ReputationRep:
        If there's one thing that 2016 has taught me, it's that nobody cares what 49% of any given country's population wants, and they will not be listened to.

ReputationRep:
        Please stop confusing him for a white supremacist, doing this really makes white supremacy feel much weaker,if you look at real white supremacists they are horribly racist and view blacks and other minorities as slaves. watch a Louie Theroux on them, It shows you how they are on their best of days.

You can hate trump all you want but he is no white supremacist
        Of gosh what was I thinking..trump's just so perfect and he isn't racist at all. He's such a loveable character. Even the ALT-RIGHT Love him(white supremacists). He's so lovingly towards minorities in the states. In your ****ing dreams. The man is a white supremacist an de I genuinely feel sorry for minority communities right now

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
        If there's one thing that 2016 has taught me, it's that nobody cares what 49% of any given country's population wants, and they will not be listened to.
        If you look at the full data, only 36% want the visit cancelled.

Despite that amazing online petition that got the snowflakes so excited. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by astutehirstute)
        Another poll from YouGov published today has received less coverage.

If Trump's "Muslim ban" (which actually isn't a Muslim ban of course, but we live in an alternative truth era) were introduced in the UK:

52% would either be pleased or wouldn't care, or don't know if they care.
        Or to put it more clearly:

27% would be in favour
        12% don't care
        12% don't know
        49% would be against it

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
        I really do dislike him, he's a racist, homophobic
        When has he been racist or homophobic? Did you miss the part when he protected LGBT rights?

ReputationRep:
        Stop being triggered; Obama did the same thing in 2011 for 6 months. TRIGGERED FEMINISTS.

TAXATION IS THEFT; NO NEED FOR CORPORATION TAX.

WE NEED A BUSINESS-ECONOMY

THATCHER 2020

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by MildredMalone)
        When has he been racist or homophobic? Did you miss the part when he protected LGBT rights?
        Far too many mindless sheep on this site who refuse to do their own, independent research.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.