Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How long does it roughly take to learn all the content for the S2 module?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    It took me one month, but it might take longer depending on how many subjects you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoloBaggins00)
    It took me one month, but it might take longer depending on how many subjects you're doing.
    Amazing! Approximately how many hours a day did you spend studying S2 during that month?

ReputationRep:
    Amazing! Approximately how many hours a day did you spend studying S2 during that month?
    Around 3 hours on weekdays and half an hour on weekends.

ReputationRep:
    It will really depend on you as a student, are you taking further maths? It can take up to a few months for some students and it is possible to learn it in a week for others. I suggest if you are rushed for time that you learn it quickly and do not spend too long doing lots and lots of each question in books, and then you spend time on the summary questions for each topic. Then quickly move onto past papers and you will hopefully see rapid improvement in your results after completing 3/4 papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just want to ask for those who are commenting...

For the exam questions, throughout all the years, do they stay consistent in what they expect the student to answer (strict methods) or are they fiddly? Im looking to self teach myself S2. I got an A in S1 and i noticed that all the exam papers were very consistent, only thing different were the numbers. Did badly in my M1 module you see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ameenk95)

For the exam questions, throughout all the years, do they stay consistent in what they expect the student to answer (strict methods) or are they fiddly? Im looking to self teach myself S2. I got an A in S1 and i noticed that all the exam papers were very consistent, only thing different were the numbers. Did badly in my M1 module you see.
    All the questions were all the same?! What exam board are you doing? I want to switch boards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ameenk95)

The questions are very similar in style yes, as there are so few topics in S2 there is very little range in the possible questions they can ask. I would personally say that S1 questions range more in style then S2. Though due to this, grade boundaries are often high (this is speaking for AQA, I do not know about other exam boards)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.