Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anyone else at hatfield?

ReputationRep:
    My daughter applied to St. Chads but appears to have been allocated to St. John's. Very disappointing as we had a chance to visit St. Chad's in November, and she fell in love with it. I just looked into St. John's a little, and the good thing is that it's small, also a bailey school, is fully catered and appears to have formal dinners, but I'm a little scared about her reaction because she is not religious--a true heathen as a matter of fact I'm about to search the threads, but anyone have any info about the religious aspects? It's a real bummer. Had she been allocated St. Chad's, I think 100% she would have firmed Durham. This, I suspect, has let UCL in the mix. As a parent across the pond, I was pulling for Durham I love London, and she's been there many times, but definitely much different concerns for me. (Which I'm sure she doesn't share, LOL).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lay98)
    Hi, I'm a history applicant who just got allocated to JB. I didn't apply there and am a bit disappointed because I read it was created in 2006 and as a history student, I'm a lover of all things old. Anybody know anything about the college? e.g. intake, social stuff etc. Thanks!
    I really like history stuff especially WW2 and Russian history. However I have been to the castle and theres a draft.. and you don't have to share rooms or a bathroom at Butler... I know where I'd rather be! Spit in the air in D Ram and it'll land on something historic

ReputationRep:
    I just got my email from St Aidans. Pleased since I think it was the one I chose, can anyone tell me about the place?

ReputationRep:
    Collingwood for Psychology - it was my preference!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remaxmac)
    My daughter applied to St. Chads but appears to have been allocated to St. John's. Very disappointing as we had a chance to visit St. Chad's in November, and she fell in love with it. I just looked into St. John's a little, and the good thing is that it's small, also a bailey school, is fully catered and appears to have formal dinners, but I'm a little scared about her reaction because she is not religious--a true heathen as a matter of fact I'm about to search the threads, but anyone have any info about the religious aspects? It's a real bummer. Had she been allocated St. Chad's, I think 100% she would have firmed Durham. This, I suspect, has let UCL in the mix. As a parent across the pond, I was pulling for Durham I love London, and she's been there many times, but definitely much different concerns for me. (Which I'm sure she doesn't share, LOL).
    Hey! I've visited Durham a few times, and while I've never been to St.Johns personally, it's apparently very similar to Chads. The students had a lot of good things to say about it and seem to view it as an alternative to Chads. I've never heard of any crazy religious cults going on or anything either. Everyone I met from there seemed normal and loved their college 😊

ReputationRep:
    I've been allocated my preference - Josephine Butler! So happy!

ReputationRep:
    Just got my allocation - Grey College. I had submitted an open application (no college preference), since I had, and still have, never been to an open day. I'll probably go to the post-offer day in March, I might stay overnight too since I live in Brighton. Any opinions on Grey College?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr.capo)
    Just got my allocation - Grey College. I had submitted an open application (no college preference), since I had, and still have, never been to an open day. I'll probably go to the post-offer day in March, I might stay overnight too since I live in Brighton. Any opinions on Grey College?
    I went to visit on the open day and it was nice; I felt the grounds and the rooms were pretty spacious! quite a tough hill up to the door of the college but it'll keep you fit! :P

ReputationRep:
    I got allocated St Aidans and had submitted an open application.

ReputationRep:
    Got allocated to St Aidan's from my first choice of Josephine Butler, I don't know what to think as JB had the two main things I wanted, an en-suite and single room :/

ReputationRep:
    Just got allocated to Trevs for natural sciences, and it was my preference! Extremely happy and am definitely firming it. Has anyone visited/applied there?

ReputationRep:
    I've been allocated to Van Mildert and I'm feeling a bit disppointed since I applied to Castle because I wanted to be in an old college and in the centre. Although looking on here, it does sound good. Can anyone tell me a bit more about what it's like?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrlandoWoolf)
    I've been allocated my preference - Josephine Butler! So happy!
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    Just been allocated to St Cuthbert's for Nat Sci and a bit disappointed, having applied to Castle (but kinda expected with 34% acceptance). Anyone know anything about it and have any of the proper emails come through yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gold-Confetti)
    Hey! I've visited Durham a few times, and while I've never been to St.Johns personally, it's apparently very similar to Chads. The students had a lot of good things to say about it and seem to view it as an alternative to Chads. I've never heard of any crazy religious cults going on or anything either. Everyone I met from there seemed normal and loved their college 😊
    LOL on the religious cults, too funny. But thanks for chiming in. I'm reading a bit more in the threads, and it doesn't seem as if the religious aspect is too in the face. It actually seems to be pretty similar to St. Chads (the one she applied to) so that's good. Coming from America where shared dorm rooms are the norm, she's not put off by possibility of a shared room, which seems likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remaxmac)
    LOL on the religious cults, too funny. But thanks for chiming in. I'm reading a bit more in the threads, and it doesn't seem as if the religious aspect is too in the face. It actually seems to be pretty similar to St. Chads (the one she applied to) so that's good. Coming from America where shared dorm rooms are the norm, she's not put off by possibility of a shared room, which seems likely.
    Haha no problem! I hope if she goes to Durham that she loves it! See to me, the idea of sharing makes me want to curl up into a ball 😂
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wait a second, if I insure Durham may I lose my college? I really like the sound of Greys but I'm firming Cambridge for reasons I don't want to lose my offer its the perfect location for my disability etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilykelly1998)
    I've been allocated to Van Mildert and I'm feeling a bit disppointed since I applied to Castle because I wanted to be in an old college and in the centre. Although looking on here, it does sound good. Can anyone tell me a bit more about what it's like?
    Thanks

Exactly the same situation here but having looked at it the college looks pretty nice. Guess I'll see you at freshers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Wait a second, if I insure Durham may I lose my college? I really like the sound of Greys but I'm firming Cambridge for reasons I don't want to lose my offer its the perfect location for my disability etc etc
    Since it's the perfect location to accommodate for your disability i'm pretty certain they will be understanding and keep it for you. If I were you I would ring or email the college about it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.