Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got Grey for English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    I've got St Chads for chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Got my allocation yesterday!! Applied to John's got allocated to Grey, not sure how I feel about Grey yet.... It's very different from Johns (new building, hill college, a lot bigger) but I'm going to the open day next week so maybe I'll go and love it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gold-Confetti)
    When I was there it was generally 3 meals a day.
    Breakfast was either a full english or cereal. Toast and stuff was on offer too.

Dinner was usually like 3 options. Ie one veggie option, one pasta or something and one something else. Generally served burgers or chicken or something with chips or rice or something else and an option off veggies with all. Not exactly restaurant standard but it was mostly nice. Always have fruit and yoghurts on the go.

Tea was sort of along the same lines, but richer. If that makes sense? So heavier food like a beef dinner or curry. And there was usually an option of cake or something for pudding at tea as well.

All in all, not bad. Formal hall was soup, a roast beef dinner with roasties and veg, and raspberry sorbet cheesecake I believe!
    It's pretty basic food but it does taste nice enough Grey's was pretty much the same sort of thing
    That sounds pretty decent nothing to complain about really. Thanks this was really helpful x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilykelly1998)
    I've been allocated to Van Mildert and I'm feeling a bit disppointed since I applied to Castle because I wanted to be in an old college and in the centre. Although looking on here, it does sound good. Can anyone tell me a bit more about what it's like?
    Thanks
    I got Van Mildert as well what course did you apply for?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Applied to Mary's and got John's.

Don't know how to feel...
    John's is nice ; you could have been relocated somewhere much worse! Personally, I'd say pretty lucky allocation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessm8)
    I got Van Mildert as well what course did you apply for?
    I'll be doing English lit, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se456)
    Does anyone know what Trevelyan college is like?
    No Idea - Just got allocated it, too, after trying my luck with University college! I'm really unsure what to do now as It has made be re think Durham as my first choice (Edinburgh instead) - I've got offers for Biosciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baznoy)
    Just got allocated to Trevs for natural sciences, and it was my preference! Extremely happy and am definitely firming it. Has anyone visited/applied there?
    I didn't apply to Trevs but have been allocated it and have no idea what it is like! Was hoping for a Bailey but considering I am taking Biological Sciences I guess I won't have to walk as far

Do you know much about it? I'm so conflicted between Edinburgh and Durham and need something to tip the scales!

ReputationRep:
    I anyone going to the Post-offer day on 22nd march (with 21st march accommodation). I've booked on alone and feeling nervous
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Phoebb)
    I anyone going to the Post-offer day on 22nd march (with 21st march accommodation). I've booked on alone and feeling nervous
    I'm going to book those dates when I get my college confirmation letter...

I'm happy that it's not just me who's nervous though! Everyone I've spoken to says it's great and you meet loads of people

ReputationRep:
    i didnt get any mail from durham regarding my allocation...is it because international students get it later or something... if not,do you guys know how i could find out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilykelly1998)
    I'll be doing English lit, what about you?
    criminology x

ReputationRep:
    how did you guys receive your allocations? mail or post? pls help! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hulaloopyloop)
    I got mine through email, but you can check where you've got if you go to this link: https://www.dur.ac.uk/postofferinvite/
    on there you should be able to sign in and once you get to the 'type of visit' page it should tell you your college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hulaloopyloop)
    You go as if you're booking a residential for March and it'll tell you on the site x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    I'm going to book those dates when I get my college confirmation letter...

I'm happy that it's not just me who's nervous though! Everyone I've spoken to says it's great and you meet loads of people
    ah cool! Which college are you hoping for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrlandoWoolf)
    I got mine through email, but you can check where you've got if you go to this link: https://www.dur.ac.uk/postofferinvite/
    on there you should be able to sign in and once you get to the 'type of visit' page it should tell you your college
    did that, worked!! thanks!!

i got into st cuthberts society how is the college?!

ReputationRep:
    Just got allocated to Trevs for natural sciences, and it was my preference! Extremely happy and am definitely firming it. Has anyone visited/applied there?
    Been allocated there for History having just selected 'Z' on application as at the time I didn't have much of a clue. Looks like I've landed on my feet with their choice of allocation, as some of the other ones look a bit too Hogwarts for the likes of me. Firming it too!

ReputationRep:
    I got put into trevelyan for geology!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.