Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was impatient so I went on the events registration booking and when I went on 'select visit type' it had my accommodation down as St Hild and St Bede, but I haven't received a confirmation email. What does this mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabelle99)
    I was impatient so I went on the events registration booking and when I went on 'select visit type' it had my accommodation down as St Hild and St Bede, but I haven't received a confirmation email. What does this mean?
    I'm in the same situation, I checked the registration booking and have St Hild and St Bede, but no confirmation email, guessing this means we've been allocated to this college, was it your preference?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebb)
    ah cool! Which college are you hoping for?
    Hatfield. Still waiting for the email....

ReputationRep:
    I've had no email either:/
    (Original post by EricAteYou)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hulaloopyloop)
    did that, worked!! thanks!!

i got into st cuthberts society how is the college?!
    Nice! You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabelle99)
    (Original post by swilson98)
    I'm in the same situation, I checked the registration booking and have St Hild and St Bede, but no confirmation email, guessing this means we've been allocated to this college, was it your preference?
    Checked the website yesterday and I also got allocated to Hild Bede. I just received the official email from college 2 minutes ago ): Disappointed!

ReputationRep:
    I've been allocated St Hild and St Bede and I'm studying Education Studies (Psychology)

ReputationRep:
    What's with everyone getting upset about Hild and Bede? I'd have been pretty happy to have been put there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebb)
    I anyone going to the Post-offer day on 22nd march (with 21st march accommodation). I've booked on alone and feeling nervous
    I'm going to this one too (at Trevs!). I haven't actually visited but I've heard lots of good things about the college- if you look on YouTube for Trevelyan college freshers 2016 there is a girl who blogged her freshers week and it looked really good! It's quite a musical college :-)

ReputationRep:
    I've been allocated to Collingwood College (I applied for University) - has anyone else been allocated to Collingwood?
    Has anyone visited it or know what it's like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MFL)
    I've been allocated to Collingwood College (I applied for University) - has anyone else been allocated to Collingwood?
    Has anyone visited it or know what it's like?
    I visited it on the open day last summer. It's got nice facilities, there's a shop, pool tables, etc. It's quite a sporty college, but our tour guide reassured us that there's no expectation for you to get involved, although it is encouraged. He also joked that they have sports teams for all levels - he did football and was in the K team (11th one down) haha.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer form Hatfield! Is it bad? Its looks depressing from the Youtube Video on Hatfield. At least on the video, it seemed like those guy were trying very hard to show how fun the college is!

ReputationRep:
    I got mines, yeah form Hatfield ! I heard the college is the most disliked! I really dont know what to do!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    I visited it on the open day last summer. It's got nice facilities, there's a shop, pool tables, etc. It's quite a sporty college, but our tour guide reassured us that there's no expectation for you to get involved, although it is encouraged. He also joked that they have sports teams for all levels - he did football and was in the K team (11th one down) haha.
    Hello friend ,
    Do you have any idea about Hatfield College itself?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaleVip)
    I got mines, yeah form Hatfield ! I heard the college is the most disliked! I really dont know what to do!!!
    I personally love it. I think the hate is half banter and half jealously.

From what I've heard and saw on the open day last year it's really communal and somewhat traditional in places ( which I like ).

I know their JCR website has loads of good information on it, but either way I'm sure at the end of the day when you're with new friends and settling in you'll love it there!

What subject have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm regrettably not going to accept my Durham offer but I got reallocated to Hild and Bede and I have no idea why people dislike it so much. The distance is only far relative to other colleges but compared to other unis and their accommodation, it's barely a stroll away from everywhere you want to be. It also looks beautiful. If I were going to Durham, I would be perfectly happy to go to Hild and Bede.

ReputationRep:
    I personally love it. I think the hate is half banter and half jealously.

From what I've heard and saw on the open day last year it's really communal and somewhat traditional in places ( which I like ).

I know their JCR website has loads of good information on it, but either way I'm sure at the end of the day when you're with new friends and settling in you'll love it there!

What subject have you applied for?
    Computer Science. You? I have been invited for the post offer visit. But I live really far away from Durham? Any advice on what I can do?

ReputationRep:
    I got my confirmation for Hatfield at 6 this evening for biomedical science! I'm sure it will come through soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrlandoWoolf)
    I got mine through email, but you can check where you've got if you go to this link: https://www.dur.ac.uk/postofferinvite/
    on there you should be able to sign in and once you get to the 'type of visit' page it should tell you your college
    hey just wondering how you found what your college would be i couldnt find it on the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaleVip)
    Computer Science. You? I have been invited for the post offer visit. But I live really far away from Durham? Any advice on what I can do?
    Go to the stay-over visit in March-time!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.