The Student Room Group

GOWLING WLG Pearn Kandola Situational Judgment Test

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amygletchen234
how long after did they tell you that you were successful? i just took the vrt found it a bit tricky.

did they not give you any details about whats next?

this is so stressful

and yeah i applied for the london one wbu?

how long was the VRT?
how long after did they tell you that you were successful? i just took the vrt found it a bit tricky.

did they not give you any details about whats next?

this is so stressful

and yeah i applied for the london one wbu?

I took the VRT last tuesday(31st) and they got back to me the next day saying i had been successful but i've literally heard nothing since. Getting pretty nervous ..
the email just said they were going to screen my application and get back to me.
I'm applying for Birmingham though which may explain why they got back to me so fast after i took the VRT?
Reply 22
After you did the test, the status is supposed to say 'finished' on your homepage when you login right? Just checking that my test was submitted properly
Original post by AlfiaS4
After you did the test, the status is supposed to say 'finished' on your homepage when you login right? Just checking that my test was submitted properly

Yes
Reply 24
I've got a response saying I passed both and they're now doing a detailed screen of my application. Anyone got a phone interview?
Reply 25
I still haven't had a reply from my first test. Applying for the London scheme
Original post by VC_TC
Has anyone received a response after doing both tests for the London scheme?

yeh i got told they were screening my application after passing both. But i think it really depends on when you actually took the tests
Reply 27
I hope it doesnt take them too long to get back to us. I hate being in limbo its so nervewracking!
any updates?
Reply 29
Original post by shortysaturdays
any updates?

No, I have not received any update since I did my situational test! :frown:
well i just found out i got a video interview woo
Reply 31
well i just found out i got a video interview woo

Well done! When did you submit your VR?
Original post by siam26
Well done! When did you submit your VR?

aw thanks! i think on the 7th feb, ive never done a video interview so i dno what to expect
I've done one before and they are a bit odd - a pre-set question will appear on screen and you will have 30 seconds or so to prepare yourself before then having about 2 minutes to reply to this question to your own webcam. There's usually around 5 questions or so.
Original post by tom the student
I've done one before and they are a bit odd - a pre-set question will appear on screen and you will have 30 seconds or so to prepare yourself before then having about 2 minutes to reply to this question to your own webcam. There's usually around 5 questions or so.

how did you find it, and what type of questions did they ask?
how did you find it, and what type of questions did they ask?

It was for a Campus Ambassador role at King & Wood Mallesons, was mostly about reasons for apply ing to the firm, how the firm sets itself apart from competition etc. The Gowling application form asked quite a lot of these so will be interesting to see what new questions they throw up.
I personally hate these because with lack of feedback from someone sat in front of you its hard to tell. I've heard that it's good to keep eye contact with the camera which is a bit weird but I guess the same as a real interview.
Has anyone received an invitation to the assessment centre or a rejection. Quite a few people have heard today and I was just wondering if not having heard anything is a definite PFO.
Original post by Brightlaw
Has anyone received an invitation to the assessment centre or a rejection. Quite a few people have heard today and I was just wondering if not having heard anything is a definite PFO.

noo i know quite a few people who havent got an invite or rejection

omg did you do your video interview - how did you find it?
Hey guys,

I've still not heard back since the "detailed screening" email. I've seen that people received VI invites last week (congrats btw!). Just wondering if anyone has received a PFO/knows if PFOs have been received by others?
Reply 39
Has anyone heard anything? I still haven't heard since they were screening my app for a video interview

Quick Reply