Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What simple revelations have changed your life? Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    So I was doing my washing today (because clean bedding is just utterly, utterly underated) and I've always had the problem of everything else I put in the machine actually ending up in the duvet cover.

One of the other Support Team members suggested that I should button up the duvet cover to stop this from happening - something which had never occurred to me I buttoned it up when I put in the dryer to see if it actually worked and it did!

So my question is; what simple revelations have people pointed out to you/occured to you that have changed your life? :holmes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I used to have that problem too! My mum suggested buttoning up the duvet and now its only little things like odd socks or pants that go in instead of the full bloody washing :laugh: its a good tip :yep:

I think my simple revelation would be when I discovered JustEat. I always hated having to call up the takeaway or go in for my order and when I found out that you could do it online without having to talk to anyone, I was overjoyed My friend's had been using it for years but I only heard about it last year and I've been using it ever since.

ReputationRep:
    Using a toaster sideways, genius!!

ReputationRep:
    Something else domestically related - if you always have a 'spare one' of things like loo rolls, washing-up liquid, coffee beans, etc tucked right away at the back of a cupboard or shelf where it can't routinely be accessed then you never run out of anything, particularly when people come to stay unexpectedly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I used to have that problem too! My mum suggested buttoning up the duvet and now its only little things like odd socks or pants that go in instead of the full bloody washing :laugh: its a good tip :yep:

I think my simple revelation would be when I discovered JustEat. I always hated having to call up the takeaway or go in for my order and when I found out that you could do it online without having to talk to anyone, I was overjoyed My friend's had been using it for years but I only heard about it last year and I've been using it ever since.
    Ahh I use to love justeat until I saw how bad they are to restaurants, if the restaurant has their own delivery service I still call them and just use justeat as a menu. Most takeaways are cheaper if you order directly and they don't have to pay JE ridiculous fees
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    A basket sort of thing (like a rectangular laundry basket) in the boot of your car to put the shopping in. #LifeHack
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Bringing an umbrella with me when I go outside.

ReputationRep:
    Ironing your own shirts for work is a waste of time, just pay someone else to do it.

LIFE HACK.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1405640700968.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  21.1 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.