Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irem_5)
    I have an offer from BPP. Could you please explain why they are awful at administration?
    They weren't especially helpful when I tried to find out more about the course, forgetting that I'd arranged a call with a member of the faculty more than once, and a friend who studies there says the academic staff aren't v prompt in giving feedback on work. This is, of course, only my personal experience of BPP - they might be much better, but UniLaw and City seemed to be a lot more responsible, they have law-specific admin offices, and were very keen to go out of their way to show me around the campuses and answer any questions I had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winterharpy)
    They weren't especially helpful when I tried to find out more about the course, forgetting that I'd arranged a call with a member of the faculty more than once, and a friend who studies there says the academic staff aren't v prompt in giving feedback on work. This is, of course, only my personal experience of BPP - they might be much better, but UniLaw and City seemed to be a lot more responsible, they have law-specific admin offices, and were very keen to go out of their way to show me around the campuses and answer any questions I had.
    Thank you so much for your answer. I will keep that in mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irem_5)
    Thank you so much for your answer. I will keep that in mind.
    No worries! But as I mentioned, don't rely too much on my comments, as my experience isn't necessarily the same as other people's, and BPP is one of the best GDL providers available. If you can, I would highly recommend visiting the campuses to get a first-hand look and/or to speak to someone studying/teaching at the uni.

My own quandary is whether UniLaw would prepare me better for commercial law as it supposedly provides more practical legal experience than CityLaw, which I've heard is more academic (and the place to go if you want to be a barrister??) than UniLaw and BPP. Also, can anyone confirm the extent to which law firms care where you did the GDL/LPC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winterharpy)
    No worries! But as I mentioned, don't rely too much on my comments, as my experience isn't necessarily the same as other people's, and BPP is one of the best GDL providers available. If you can, I would highly recommend visiting the campuses to get a first-hand look and/or to speak to someone studying/teaching at the uni.

My own quandary is whether UniLaw would prepare me better for commercial law as it supposedly provides more practical legal experience than CityLaw, which I've heard is more academic (and the place to go if you want to be a barrister??) than UniLaw and BPP. Also, can anyone confirm the extent to which law firms care where you did the GDL/LPC?
    Thanks I am an international student so unfortunately my visiting chances are low. But I will try. City is one of the schools that were recommended to me by a lot of people. Also when I was doing research about the firms, I saw that most of them send their TC's to either BPP or UniLaw. I have been told that it really doesn't matter where you did the GDL. Your GPA in GDL is what matters for LPC. Now, I am worried about this change in the system we talked about in the previous posts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.