Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Next year I will be following a semester abroad, and I really want to study at an English university. My first choice will be Edinburgh, however, we need to compose a list of 5 universities. So... anyone studying in Brighton, Sheffield Hallam, Hertfordshire or Plymouth? Please help me out and leave a reply about some of your experiences or thoughts on these universities!

ReputationRep:
    For an International student, Brighton. Its a beautiful English seaside town, very 'arty' and full of students. Its a great place to live, both Unis are good, and its 50 mins by rail to London.

A good second choice would be Plymouth - another one by the sea, fascinating old port/navy town. Uni is good, housing is cheap. Good especially if you are into sailing, walking, outdoor stuff.
    • Very Important Poster

Considering its only one semester, then I second Brighton. Proximity to London is also a big plus for those wanting to do sightseeing.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Definitely Brighton

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daissy)
    By the way I am a master student
    Subject?

ReputationRep:
    International management programme

ReputationRep:
    Plymouth!

ReputationRep:
    Rankings mean very little at any level of study. Go with the Uni where you feel most comfortable and the course interests you.
    PS. Brighton is a great place to be a student.

ReputationRep:
    thank you guys, I am international student and very concern about living in England.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.