Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Next year I will be following a semester abroad, and I really want to study at an English university. My first choice will be Edinburgh, however, we need to compose a list of 5 universities. So... anyone studying in Brighton, Sheffield Hallam, Hertfordshire or Plymouth? Please help me out and leave a reply about some of your experiences or thoughts on these universities!

ReputationRep:
    For an International student, Brighton. Its a beautiful English seaside town, very 'arty' and full of students. Its a great place to live, both Unis are good, and its 50 mins by rail to London.

A good second choice would be Plymouth - another one by the sea, fascinating old port/navy town. Uni is good, housing is cheap. Good especially if you are into sailing, walking, outdoor stuff.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Considering its only one semester, then I second Brighton. Proximity to London is also a big plus for those wanting to do sightseeing.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Definitely Brighton

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daissy)
    By the way I am a master student
    Subject?

ReputationRep:
    International management programme

ReputationRep:
    Plymouth!

ReputationRep:
    Rankings mean very little at any level of study. Go with the Uni where you feel most comfortable and the course interests you.
    PS. Brighton is a great place to be a student.

ReputationRep:
    thank you guys, I am international student and very concern about living in England.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.