Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your favourite Country/City/State and why? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgiaCroxton)
    My main aspirations and goals in life are to travel the whole world. I am so inspired by the different places, cultures, sceneries, and just life in general all over.

Where is your favourite place and why?
    What are the things you enjoyed most?
    What was the atmosphere like?
    Was there lots to do?
    Why would you recommend this place?
    The UK is number 1 with Singapore and USA 2nd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferdowcey Rahman)
    Manchester!
    My favourite city has to be Manchester because it's the place I was born and bred in. 😊
    I was born in Manchester and lived here all my life, I don't really like it here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rustyldner)
    Geneva, as it's green, clean and full of history. And as I don't really like cars and the cities are very cyclist and pedestrian friendly with good public transport, it is a lot more relaxed than London. A nice atmosphere but I don't think it would be as fun as central London. There is a lot to do due to the amount of culture in the region around Lac Léman and the amount of greenery once you left the cities.
    This sounds like a place I would really enjoy.. I love the 'everybody cycling' atmosphere, that was one of my favourite things when I visited Amsterdam.. I hate busy traffic! Because I'm so used to living in a big city, I really appreciate greenery I think it's amazingly beautiful, so thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    The UK is number 1 with Singapore and USA 2nd
    Really? You think the UK? For what reasons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgiaCroxton)
    I was born in Manchester and lived here all my life, I don't really like it here.
    It's such a great city though! There's so many things to see and do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferdowcey Rahman)
    It's such a great city though! There's so many things to see and do.
    You think? Things like what?? Please let me know lol.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Amsterdam
    Born there, lived there, would certainly go back.
    I loved the people, the culture, the humour, the freedom. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Amsterdam
    Born there, lived there, would certainly go back.
    I loved the people, the culture, the humour, the freedom. :daydreaming:
    I've been to Amsterdam twice, it's my boyfriends favourite place in Europe! I loved the scenery in Amsterdam it was beautiful, the canal tours at night are the best. Probably won't go back there for a good while though since I've done most things (museums, tours, walks etc).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.