Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    sorri i had to rush off for something. here is the pic of me again mad caddie. sorry for going off. im making an effort with my typing. theres also another pic. thanx.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowtaxi)
    the main thing is that iv got no confidence in myself. i think im ugly cos every1 said i was ugly, an wen i put a pic on here, every1 laughed at me and said i looked horid wich upset me more.

iv tried to look better but i think im just natraly ugly and thick. an every1 always criticised my clothes.

i want to be realy stylish gud lukin an confident but its just not me.
    Hey mate, meet me!! lol! I tried to be what everyone else wanted me to be for the first 16 years of my life, at the age of 19 after serious bouts of clinical depression, alcoholism, drug taking, self harm and suicide attempts, I have given up, who cares what anyone else thinks? I just ignore everyone who doesn't care about me, which to be honest is mostly everyone!!

Mod Expression - Washes mouth out with soap.

ReputationRep:
    Well there a saying that goes like this: "It takes a big man to cry. But it takes a bigger man to laugth at that man".

ReputationRep:
    ok thanx.

the main thing is that iv got no confidence in myself. i think im ugly cos every1 said i was ugly, an wen i put a pic on here, every1 laughed at me and said i looked horid wich upset me more.

iv tried to look better but i think im just natraly ugly and thick. an every1 always criticised my clothes.

i want to be realy stylish gud lukin an confident but its just not me.
    Awwww...dude I think your awesome, I love you man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    Awwww...dude I think your awesome, I love you man
    Aww thanks....av u seen the pics? people said i was ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks....av u seen the pics? people said i was ugly.
    Yeh I have and you are not remotely ugly. You look quite cute really. And the hair is awesome dude!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Hey mate, meet me!! lol! I tried to be what everyone else wanted me to be for the first 16 years of my life, at the age of 19 after serious bouts of clinical depression, alcoholism, drug taking, self harm and suicide attempts, I have given up, who cares what anyone else thinks? I just ignore everyone who doesn't care about me, which to be honest is mostly everyone!!
    thats awful. glad uv got through that, people on this board should take note of what things like this can do to ppl.

i try not to let wot other ppl think bother me but i cant help it wen people dont stop sayin bad things about me.

Mod Expression - Washes mouth out with soap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    Yeh I have and you are not remotely ugly. You look quite cute really. And the hair is awesome dude!
    thanks for that, il try to have more confidence now. and thanks for the rep scifi.

ReputationRep:
    thats awful. glad uv got through that, people on this board should take note of what things like this can do to ppl.

i try not to let wot other ppl think bother me but i cant help it wen people dont stop sayin bad things about me.
    Its true, it does get you down alot and some people just don't get that. After a while it does go beyond what some people can bear. Thats one of the things i hate about society, we try to pretend everything is fine. Everything is not fine, 1 in 10 teenagers is suffering from a potentially fatal medical condition called depression. It does not take a huge amount to go from depression to self harm, some even skip that part and go onto suicide. Yeah, sure there are helplines, but in that condition (i speak from personal experience) not everyone will call a helpline for fear of being ridiculed and rejected yet again. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that, il try to have more confidence now. and thanks for the rep scifi.
    That's cool.

ReputationRep:
    Its true, it does get you down alot and some people just don't get that. After a while it does go beyond what some people can bear. Thats one of the things i hate about society, we try to pretend everything is fine. Everything is not fine, 1 in 10 teenagers is suffering from a potentially fatal medical condition called depression. It does not take a huge amount to go from depression to self harm, some even skip that part and go onto suicide. Yeah, sure there are helplines, but in that condition (i speak from personal experience) not everyone will call a helpline for fear of being ridiculed and rejected yet again. :mad:
    I try to ask ppl on here for advice but most ppl (except you, mad caddie, vixen, whats the 411 etc) mock me and laugh at me.

ReputationRep:
    I try to ask ppl on here for advice but most ppl (except you, mad caddie, vixen, whats the 411 etc) mock me and laugh at me.
    People judge too quickly and are farr to quick to mock, something i deliberately try not to do because of what people doing that has done to me.

ReputationRep:
    Everything is not fine, 1 in 10 teenagers is suffering from a potentially fatal medical condition called depression.
    the medical condition is clinical depression. 1 in 10 teenagers do not suffer clinical depression, but have a 'depressive episode'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    the medical condition is clinical depression. 1 in 10 teenagers do not suffer clinical depression, but have a 'depressive episode'.
    That doesn't surprise me, I think most teenagers know of m8s, or have, been through a depressive stage, possibly even attempting suicide (I know many of them ), not good.

ReputationRep:
    Neeerrr, same difference in my book. Its all bad. I'm drunk and dead tired, it doesn't make for great intellectual posts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    That doesn't surprise me, I think most teenagers know of m8s, or have, been through a depressive stage, possibly even attempting suicide (I know many of them ), not good.
    unfortunately society breeds teenagers that like to wallow in their self-importance and seek attention while *trying* to embrace death.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately society breeds teenagers that like to wallow in their self-importance and seek attention while *trying* to embrace death.
    Outrageous isn't it...heh

ReputationRep:
    Great way of demeaning people who actually have a problem. Tell me do you have any personal experience with this sort of thing, like waking up in a pool of your own blood as i have? I am lucky to be here today (my body refuses to let me die no matter what i do) and hate that sort of comment which seems to just pass a serious problem off as a 'phase'. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Great way of demeaning people who actually have a problem. Tell me do you have any personal experience with this sort of thing, like waking up in a pool of your own blood as i have? I am lucky to be here today (my body refuses to let me die no matter what i do) and hate that sort of comment which seems to just pass a serious problem off as a 'phase'. :mad:
    I suspect ignorance to his take on the topic is preferable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    I suspect ignorance to his take on the topic is preferable.
    ignorance is part of the reason as to why steenage suicide rates are so high. No one can spot the signs in order to help.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.