The Student Room Group

Two offers, same entry requirements

So I've got two offers for Optometry at Cardiff (AAA) and Plymouth (AAA) and I'm set on going to Cardiff and not that sure on Plymouth. Can anybody give me some advice in terms of what to do for firm and insurance choices? I know Cardiff will be my firm choice, but does that mean I should decline Plymouth's offer because they require the grades? Its not much of an insurance choice otherwise.
Original post by AndrewKn0x
So I've got two offers for Optometry at Cardiff (AAA) and Plymouth (AAA) and I'm set on going to Cardiff and not that sure on Plymouth. Can anybody give me some advice in terms of what to do for firm and insurance choices? I know Cardiff will be my firm choice, but does that mean I should decline Plymouth's offer because they require the grades? Its not much of an insurance choice otherwise.

No one can predict what unis will do come results day if you miss the offer by a grade or two - so if you would be happy enough to go to Plymouth then it might still be worth putting it as your insurance choice if you don't have any lower alternatives.

Good luck
Echoing above really. If they are the only 2 you've applied to/have offers from then still put Plymouth as an insurance choice. If you don't quite meet the grades either uni may still accept you if you impressed them or lots of people missed their grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest