Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've got two offers for Optometry at Cardiff (AAA) and Plymouth (AAA) and I'm set on going to Cardiff and not that sure on Plymouth. Can anybody give me some advice in terms of what to do for firm and insurance choices? I know Cardiff will be my firm choice, but does that mean I should decline Plymouth's offer because they require the grades? Its not much of an insurance choice otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewKn0x)
    So I've got two offers for Optometry at Cardiff (AAA) and Plymouth (AAA) and I'm set on going to Cardiff and not that sure on Plymouth. Can anybody give me some advice in terms of what to do for firm and insurance choices? I know Cardiff will be my firm choice, but does that mean I should decline Plymouth's offer because they require the grades? Its not much of an insurance choice otherwise.
    No one can predict what unis will do come results day if you miss the offer by a grade or two - so if you would be happy enough to go to Plymouth then it might still be worth putting it as your insurance choice if you don't have any lower alternatives.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Echoing above really. If they are the only 2 you've applied to/have offers from then still put Plymouth as an insurance choice. If you don't quite meet the grades either uni may still accept you if you impressed them or lots of people missed their grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.