Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your thoughts on Londoners. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fallen Star)
    I think we should agree to disagree.
    ...on what exactly?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Very hard to impress, and never seem satisfied with anything outside of London.

Tbf they're cool people though, for the most part. (When they do shut up about London.)

ReputationRep:
    I think we're great :fan:

Living north of London now, people are definitely a lot nicer, people will happily speak to you anytime and even spark up a conversation on the bus (:headfire:)

Nowhere feels quite like home, and I even sometimes find myself missing mundane things like the tube :moon:

ReputationRep:
    The answers in this thread was as expected. I will say that people are friendlier up north but honestly I'd get pissed off if someone was trying to talk to me during every bus journey, so I'm glad Londoners don't talk to each other in that respect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Not in this country. Maybe in the US.
    IKR,they're in love with our accent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    It's sometimes like they live in a different country to the rest of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    albeit a less racist country

ReputationRep:
    Born and bred Mancunian studying in London -

(and this is more southerners in general)

Rude
    Busy - seriously, if one more businessman hits me with his briefcase on the underground I'll push him onto the tracks
    Closed - really hard to speak to and make friends with. Y'all hate small talk and you refuse to go into anything deeper. Even your store employees

I agree with what's already been said.... London is like another country. The public transport WORKS and is EXTREMELY CHEAP and all you do is complain about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    IKR,they're in love with our accent
    I don't think they can distinguish between accents. They just have a very Londoncentric view of the UK (which they think is synonymous with England).

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they can distinguish between accents. They just have a very Londoncentric view of the UK (which they think is synonymous with England).
    But that's also kind of like Londoners,we don't really think of the rest of the UK,we just think of london being the one and only place hahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    But that's also kind of like Londoners,we don't really think of the rest of the UK,we just think of london being the one and only place hahahah
    Quite a strange outlook considering some of the stuff you post, imo.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a strange outlook considering some of the stuff you post, imo.
    I can hate London but deep down it'll always be home :heart:

ReputationRep:
    Obviouslee yeah lahk it depends on da endz init. Rite now all the bare gels are on a IG/snapchat ting init obviouslee mandem dont lak read or nuffin fam dont chat **** ygm. The whole vibe dere now is sort of like Karachi meets MTV base dats wag1 for me isnt it. Ngl doe TW3 all day long cuz

ReputationRep:
    Federerr what are your thoughts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Federerr what are your thoughts
    Ends f*cked up, everybody wants to be a trapstar when it AINT DEM. It's amazing. (0to100)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeHumanisation)
    Obviouslee yeah lahk it depends on da endz init. Rite now all the bare gels are on a IG/snapchat ting init obviouslee mandem dont lak read or nuffin fam dont chat **** ygm. The whole vibe dere now is sort of like Karachi meets MTV base dats wag1 for me isnt it. Ngl doe TW3 all day long cuz
    (Original post by Federerr)
    Ends f*cked up, everybody wants to be a trapstar when it AINT DEM. It's amazing. (0to100)
    lmaooo oohh **** im dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeHumanisation)
    I rah get you fam

ReputationRep:
    We got uckqueen still. reppin ends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    I'm 100% Londoner, although I do have Irish blood.

I'm just wandering what the "outsiders" think of us, whether negative, positive or indifferent.

I've heard that's easy to spot us!
    Look at my boat you mug!
    (Lol)

ReputationRep:
    They hate us because they secretly envy us

Lets be honest here, its the most expensive british city to live in and not everyone can afford to live in London... except those living in London
    Spoiler:
    Show

What they think of Londoners:

What Londoners think of them:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeenRose29)
    Posh. 😑
    are we thinking of the same London? it's far from posh apart from central

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.