Vampire themed horrors
    0%
    Found footage
    0%
    I don't like horror films
    9.09%

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm a huge horror film fan and I love horrors from all sub-genres but my two favourite horror genres would have to be either possession (such as The Exorcist) or general paranormal films such as ones about haunted houses, poltergeists etc. Out of all the sub genres, I'd say Zombie horrors are my least favourite but I do like some films from that sub-genre.

I also like a good psychological thriller such as Misery and The Babadook.

What's your favourite kind of horror? Do you prefer the classic kind of genres or do you like the more modern 'found footage' kind of horrors?

What's your favourite horror film of all time?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I'm a huge horror film fan and I love horrors from all sub-genres but my two favourite horror genres would have to be either possession (such as The Exorcist) or general paranormal films such as ones about haunted houses, poltergeists etc. Out of all the sub genres, I'd say Zombie horrors are my least favourite but I do like some films from that sub-genre.

I also like a good psychological thriller such as Misery and The Babadook.

What's your favourite kind of horror? Do you prefer the classic kind of genres or do you like the more modern 'found footage' kind of horrors?

What's your favourite horror film of all time?
    I really can't decide :mmm: I love sci-fi horrors and psychological thrillers the most I think

ReputationRep:
    US elections.

ReputationRep:
    I love the paranormal ones and also psychological thrillers. Possession ones are good too. Really not that keen on slasher. I don't like gratuitous gore just for the sake of it; there has to be a good story to a film, IMO. Funnily enough, I really hate vampire films. I think it stems back to watching Christopher Lee as Dracula when I was a kid. It scared the **** out of me. I still get a bit scared by them. I don't like blood. I follow Jason Blum of Blumhouse and his team both on twitter and Facebook. LOVE their stuff. BUT.. If ever i'm going to watch a horror film at the cinema, I always check my son is still going to be in the house when I get back home. I really, really don't like coming back to an empty house after watching something scary. For the same reason i will not watch a horror film on TV if i'm on my own. [ coward].

ReputationRep:
    BTW, that new film, Split looks great judging by the trailer. Must go and see it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I watched a brilliant old horror last night, The Abominable Dr Phibes (1971). It had such a creepy vibe to it and also a great story. I can't decide what sub genre I would class the film as. It felt more like art than a film :teehee: Vincent Price was fantastic in it. I've got the sequel to watch tonight :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Halloween is my favourite horror film but The Silence of the Lambs is my favourite film of all time
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't really consider physchological thrillers as a subgenre of horror, but it's my favourite type of film of the options in the poll.

ReputationRep:
    Psychological thrillers the best, closely followed by sci fi

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.