Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my second year of studying this and I love the computer side but I'm currently really hating the design side and I don't know what to do. I feel like I should've just stuck with computing and IT.

I don't know what options I have so if anyone can give me some insight i'd be very grateful.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You'll want to check out sections 1, 2, and 4 of the Deferrals and Withdrawals policy, as well as section III of the Fee schedule. The withdrawals policy tells you to confirm your fee liability with the fee schedule, and the fee schedule tells you to read it along with the withdrawals policy.

It seems that withdrawing now will land you with a 50% fee liability. Unfortunately the 25% fee credit will likely not carry over to another course, or even module, but there's language that implies that Student Services might be of some help there (in section III C 20 a). The general steps are laid out in the cancellation procedure, but you'll also want to be in contact with your loan company and/or any parties assisting in funding your course.

If it were me, I'd talk with Student Services before talking to Student Recruitment on the off chance that I could find a way to save that 25% fee credit. Good luck with Q62 if that's the route you take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shazzarr2.0)
    I'm in my second year of studying this and I love the computer side but I'm currently really hating the design side and I don't know what to do. I feel like I should've just stuck with computing and IT.

I don't know what options I have so if anyone can give me some insight i'd be very grateful.
    Thanks
    I was considering this very course, why do you not like the design side?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got Milk)
    I was considering this very course, why do you not like the design side?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mostly because I find it difficult to be creative. The constant requirement from the module is for you to be able to create more than one design and my head usually settles on one design and makes it ten times more difficult for me to think of anything different.

I chose design because it assisted my graphics design but now im feeling it was all pointless as its pretty much all focused on creating physical things and i suck at that. Haha.
    Decided im going to do my best on it. If i can manage to continue getting 50 marks on each assignment ill pass my module. Not sure what im going to do about my exam though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.