Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm really confused and worried, I was wondering if somebody could help me!
    I was studying adult nursing which was nhs bursary funded before I left due to personal circumstances.
    I'm wishing to retake the course again but don't know where id stand financially or how it works now.
    Would I be entitled to a maintenance loan although I've already had one? and tuition fees, would I be entitled to those as I left my previous course?

    any advice would be brilliant! thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Dannie0

    If you are starting as new student again you will fall under the new guidelines. The funding is now all going to be awarded by Student Finance and you can apply for the tuition fee loan, maintenance loan, supplementary grant and DSA where applicable.

    If you have suspended the last course and are returning to it, you will be kept on the existing plan where you get the reduced maintenance loan from Student Finance and all your other funding from the NHS.

Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.