Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I kind of need to rant.
    What the actual f u c k is wrong with some teachers?
    I remember being bulled in class constantly and the teachers sitting there whilst it all happening like they've suddenly turned deaf. Every time i got insulted, the teachers suddenly can't hear. Teachers preach about the seriousness of bullying and the consequences that come with it but when the time comes, they do absolutely nothing to stop it. They could've became police officers, engineers but they chose to become a teacher. The role of a teacher also includes taking into consideration of the students' feelings. Making the safety of a student, top priority. What is the point of teaching if nothing will get into the persons head? All the overthinking about when the next time will be when someone starts bullying them. When the teachers actually do something, it's something as pointless as: Detention, warning or a phone call home. That isn't going to do shite. Teachers discouraging students is my main problem here. There was this time where we had to do our english coursework for 3 days. The whole day was just coursework and i remember, working my absolute butt off. Going home, adding more stuff. Losing sleep so i can get a good grade. Whilst, SOME students in the class were constantly talking about unnecessary stuff and not even doing the work. My eyes were glued to the computer screen, making sure my work was detailed and making sure i was putting effort into it. Taking it seriously. Trying my best. All for what? All so my teacher can put me down? I asked for help because i needed for the teacher to check my work. I could've easily just left it and lost marks. But i did. Because why not? It's their job to help. Put my hand up and teacher shocked me. Came over, purposely sighing heavily so i can hear how unbothered he was. His body language was terrible as if i asked him to go to the end of the world for me and come back. Now i couldn't even the slightest bit of ****s if they're having a bad day. You shouldn't project your negativity onto the students. Very selfish and unprofessional. It's not that hard to hide it. He skimmed over my work and roared with laughter like i said a good joke. He went on to say "your punctuation is just... *heavily sighs*" again then left to actually help someone who didn't put their hand up. How about telling me what i did wrong so i can improve? At his age, he should know better not to handle a situation like this. He then went at the back of the class and laughed about me with another teacher like i wasn't right there. He also proceeded to take a huge chunk out of my work and said fix it whilst fixing the punctuation in a few sentences. He made me feel like trash. I worked so hard. There's nothing wrong with him telling me "I'm sure you tried your best but it could be better if you fixed your grammar, punctuation and so forth" but none of that was said. I wasn't even worthy of feedback. He treated me like this because no one else liked me in my class except my 2 friends. Everyone else hated me so of course, he joined in the party. Like why do you have to be so unnecessarily *****y? Do your job. This discouragement really put me down. He treated this other girl who did absolutely nothing like a queen. He did most of her work and offered her more help. He did that to everyone except me. I was so shy and couldn't speak up but i was so upset. That i just didn't change anything, i gave up and guess what? I ended up getting an A for my coursework and everyone else got C-E. He praised others for their work but not mine and look how it turned out.
    Moral of the story:
    If you're going to be a teacher, do your motherf*****g job.

ReputationRep:
    Some teachers are absolute dicks, I don't even know what to say, I'm just sorry they seem to be so awful to you and well done for doing well despite that prick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx)
    Some teachers are absolute dicks, I don't even know what to say, I'm just sorry they seem to be so awful to you and well done for doing well despite that prick!
    I agree and thank you. Some teachers need to be put in their place.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry
    too lazy to read all that

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry about your teacher (s) but I do hope you aren't trying to lump all teachers together into that description because I know some really amazing and caring ones as well as some not so good ones. Your teacher does seem very prejudiced though
    Well done on your grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx)
    I couldn't agree more.

I think that the majority of teachers are relatively nice people who can be inspiring and know their subject very well.

However, a smaller percentage of them I think they got a degree and found that they couldn't do much with it so they became a teacher since there was nothing else for employment - they are the ones you have to watch out for.

They think they know better and have full control over you, and yet they are fed up with their life/work...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iqra2159)
    Sorry
    Sorry but i didn't ask you specifically to answer so it's okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonlitOcean)
    I'm sorry about your teacher (s) but I do hope you aren't trying to lump all teachers together into that description because I know some really amazing and caring ones as well as some not so good ones. Your teacher does seem very prejudiced though
    Well done on your grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Absolutely not. I KNOW there are good teachers, for sure. They really are, they think they have the right to treat us like this just because of their status in society.

ReputationRep:
    They never mentally matured. They side with the extraverts. Happened to me, one particular cretin of a teacher actually put my mother on loudspeaker to the whole staffroom whilst talking to her about my bullying issue. Found out because my friend told me another teacher was discussing it (mockingly) :s! (God knows why she'd discuss something so serious to/around students) It's horrible, but some people are just pathetic and don't care.

ReputationRep:
    SOME*

ReputationRep:
    Sorry
    I can't work out if this is just banter or if you're the teacher they're talking about.
    :confused::curious::erm::lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)
    I can't work out if this is just banter or if you're the teacher they're talking about.
    I'm obviously the teacher on the student room

ReputationRep:
    I'm obviously the teacher on the student room
    Night school?

IGWYM though; you're clearly not the teacher mentioned in the OP. Sorry!

Banana

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.