Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    first off, I have very thick hair. Most hairdressers etc will tell me it's the thickest hair they have ever seen. It's currently about waist length and i'm really considering cutting into a pixie because i'm bored of it and it is so difficult to wash. I'm also very small (5'3) and so i feel like the amount of hair i have now drowns me. However my mum thinks that it will stick out and "look like a helmet" so TLDR i have extremely thick hair, will a pixie cut work? does anyone have any experience with this?
    Attachment 616106this is the kind of style I am considering

ReputationRep:
    Can't say anything without looking at your pic?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_6497.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  303.2 KB
    (Original post by iqra2159)
    Can't say anything without looking at your pic?
    it's pretty tame and curled with a curling iron here, it goes a bit frizzy when left to dry naturally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h0tdogs)
    Name:  IMG_6497.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  303.2 KB

it's pretty tame and curled with a curling iron here, it goes a bit frizzy when left to dry naturally
    your hair is really pretty
    i think you should keep it like this

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should- my hair was similar to yours but a bit longer and I cut it to shoulder length and I really regret it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    first off, I have very thick hair. Most hairdressers etc will tell me it's the thickest hair they have ever seen. It's currently about waist length and i'm really considering cutting into a pixie because i'm bored of it and it is so difficult to wash. I'm also very small (5'3) and so i feel like the amount of hair i have now drowns me. However my mum thinks that it will stick out and "look like a helmet" so TLDR i have extremely thick hair, will a pixie cut work? does anyone have any experience with this?
    Attachment 616106this is the kind of style I am considering
    I have really thick and frizzy hair too! I got a pixie cut back in September and honestly it was one of the best decisions I've made. I was worried about it looking like I had an afro, but as long as it's cut into a style it should really be fine.

It is so much easier to manage and is much less effort. But I'd say that even if you happen to not like it, remember that hair grows back! It'll probably grow back a lot healthier too, and at a quicker speed than you'd expect!

I'd say absolutely go for it if that's what you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonlitOcean)
    I don't think you should- my hair was similar to yours but a bit longer and I cut it to shoulder length and I really regret it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    can I ask what made you regret it? Was is the way it looked or just that you missed having long hair

ReputationRep:
    can I ask what made you regret it? Was is the way it looked or just that you missed having long hair
    Well everyone noticed and commented a lot and it felt like I lost part of myself as my hair was like my signature feature that people noticed. Also I couldn't do anything with my hair anymore
    It made me feel less unique lol
    I know I don't have spectacular reasons

However your planned cut might work because it will be striking in another way

ReputationRep:
    On a different note could I ask what hair products you use? Your hair is in such a good condition! Do you have it in protective styles? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi. You have beautiful hair. If you feel it drowns you, then don't have it waist length. However this doesn't mean you have to go pixie cut short either.

I would only go for a short haircut if you have delicate facial features and good bone structure, otherwise you will end up looking butch and chubby. For instance, Emma Watson is one of the few females who pulls of short hair well because she has a a nice jaw, high cheekbones and a slender nose.

ReputationRep:
    It freaks me out when people go from long hair to a pixie cut. Makes me scared it could hapen to me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.