Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an American who applied early December and I haven't heard back.yet. Have any foreign applicants received offers yet? I know a boy from my school applied in September and has already heard back, but is there anyone who applied later than that?

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 14th of Jan and received an offer 2 days ago for Chemical Engineering. I'm Malaysian.

ReputationRep:
    hmm
    Maybe it's due to the major I applied for (Linguistics). I've noticed more math/science driven majors get offers much faster

ReputationRep:
    International student here! Applied on Dec 9th and got my offer for Law & Politics on Dec 19th, (obviously not a math/science driven department).

Do not fret; there's thousands of people who still haven't heard back! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    international student - applied mid october and heard back three weeks later (for History and Politics). There's probs a lot of people applying to linguistics and now that the UCAS date passed, they have to review so many more! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    international student here, applied for ECA mid Nov but haven't heard back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twagz)
    hmm
    Maybe it's due to the major I applied for (Linguistics). I've noticed more math/science driven majors get offers much faster
    Seems like it! Decisions for their PPLS department courses like linguistics and CogSci seems to be taking some time. Applied for CogSci, but no reply till now.
    Got an offer for AI&CS though (Indian national; applied on 15th Jan)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twagz)
    hmm
    Hiya! I'm also American, and I applied last year for both Linguistics and Japanese & Linguistics, and didn't get my offers until the middle of Spring. I'm afraid you've got a bit of a wait ahead of you xP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raffaele1617)
    Hiya! I'm also American, and I applied last year for both Linguistics and Japanese & Linguistics, and didn't get my offers until the middle of Spring. I'm afraid you've got a bit of a wait ahead of you xP.
    Uhg that's a pain, but thanks. This is really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twagz)
    Uhg that's a pain, but thanks. This is really helpful
    No problem! If by late April/early May you haven't gotten a response I would suggest emailing them. I did so and they immediately gave me my offers lol. I also wouldn't be super worried about it since Americans seem to have fairly high chances of getting in assuming they meet the minimum requirements due to the fact that we pay much higher fees than everyone else lol. Out of curiosity where else are you applying if anywhere? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raffaele1617)
    No problem! If by late April/early May you haven't gotten a response I would suggest emailing them. I did so and they immediately gave me my offers lol. I also wouldn't be super worried about it since Americans seem to have fairly high chances of getting in assuming they meet the minimum requirements due to the fact that we pay much higher fees than everyone else lol. Out of curiosity where else are you applying if anywhere? :-)
    Edinburgh is the only UK school I'm looking at since it's such a longshot seeing as my parents still need a little more persuading. I also applied to McGill in Montréal (I should be hearing from them in the next week or two) and then two state schools which I've already been accepted to. Edinburgh is definitely my top though since McGill is probably out of the running for me (I got a C+ last semester in AP Calc :ashamed:)

ReputationRep:
    Im still waiting too! I applied a few days before the UCAS jan. deadline. Im going into an arts program though. This waiting is so hard, i applied to 5 schools and heard back from 1.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Just dropping in to say that I was given an unconditional offer for linguistics and English language today! Took me 2 1/2 months to hear back
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Twagz)
    Just dropping in to say that I was given an unconditional offer for linguistics and English language today! Took me 2 1/2 months to hear back
    Glad it worked out for you and congratulations on your offer from Edinburgh! exciting stuff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.