Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

some questions on note taking and sample of notes [3.6.4.2 blood glucose conc.] Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have just started to type up notes for myself to use for the AQA A level biology course and I was wondering if this method is an efficient/effective way to remember it all. I'm not sure how to produce good notes but I think going through each point on the specification and writing notes on those is a good way to go. I'm aiming for an A or A*. I'm not sure how to fit practicals into my notes, or what the extension points are for on the spec. (are they necessary or only for further reading?). I have attached a sample. When should I do questions on each topic/past papers? I normally know my stuff but word it incorrectly. Sorry if it's too vague! I just want to be efficient with my time as revision is pretty dull.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docxMy A LEVEL Biology Notes.docx (15.6 KB, 39 views)

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest doing your notes now and having the knowledge concrete by mid march before starting past papers, your notes look good and everyone has their own style, whatever gets the grades at the end of the day. For practicals, in edexcel at least you only need them in the last paper so id suggest rounding them up from your teacher and photocopying them and learning them roundabouts april-my plan everyone is different some have finished notes and are doing past papers, but i delayed so i dont run out of resources and the closer to exam i write notes, the more i remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    I would suggest doing your notes now and having the knowledge concrete by mid march before starting past papers, your notes look good and everyone has their own style, whatever gets the grades at the end of the day. For practicals, in edexcel at least you only need them in the last paper so id suggest rounding them up from your teacher and photocopying them and learning them roundabouts april-my plan everyone is different some have finished notes and are doing past papers, but i delayed so i dont run out of resources and the closer to exam i write notes, the more i remember

Thank you, that sounds good to me too. AQA works the same with the practicals so I guess I'll learn them later. I plan to get all my notes done for biology by the end of this month hopefully, then I'll review them all and then start past papers. Good luck with your exams. Do you take Physics by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theguywhosaidhi)
    Thank you, that sounds good to me too. AQA works the same with the practicals so I guess I'll learn them later. I plan to get all my notes done for biology by the end of this month hopefully, then I'll review them all and then start past papers. Good luck with your exams. Do you take Physics by any chance?
    yes i also do physics, why?

ReputationRep:
    yes i also do physics, why?
    what you doing to revise for that?

ReputationRep:
    what you doing to revise for that?
    past papers, without the book at first, if struggling use the textbook and if still struggling use internet.

ReputationRep:
    past papers, without the book at first, if struggling use the textbook and if still struggling use internet.
    have you started already? sorry for all the questions.

ReputationRep:
    have you started already? sorry for all the questions.
    no its fine and helpful for me too, we have started doing them in class but personally not really, still going over the hardest bits for me, electromagnetism, some space stuff and circular motion

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.