ofc :adore:

Spoiler

Original post by CoolCavy
ofc :adore:

Spoiler

:lovie:

Spoiler

good revision day today :work:
Perestroika = reconstruction of the political and economic system established by the Communist Party
Glasnost = Soviet policy of open discussion of political and social issues
Reply 345
Perestroika = reconstruction of the political and economic system established by the Communist Party
Glasnost = Soviet policy of open discussion of political and social issues

end of the soviet union 1982-1991 :gah:
Original post by Jirga
end of the soviet union 1982-1991 :gah:

yessssss :five: and the fall of the Berlin Wall, it's sad really cos for the coursework we only did Russia from 1800 to 1917 but it would have been interesting to do the USSR and stuff and would have helped with the Germany side :emo:
Hey hamster :smile:
Original post by Skill Twix
Hey hamster :smile:

:wavey:

Original post by Meany Pie

:hugs:

you will be pleased to know im going out drinking tomorrow then :cheers:
:wavey:

:hugs:

you will be pleased to know im going out drinking tomorrow then :cheers:

How have you been? :smile:
I think part of this is all in the mind.
For instance i was thinking i hope the question isnt on the position of women and then when i thought about it i realised that i actually know a lot of stuff about women in German society throughout the years. Just need to have more confidence with my own knowledge :redface:

:gfight:

Original post by Skill Twix
How have you been? :smile:

ill and busy to sum it up in two words :colondollar: wbu ? :hugs:
Target for today:

Get the Weimar Republic finished then go onto Nazi Germany, even though they kind of overlap cos of Hitler's rise to power
I think part of this is all in the mind.
For instance i was thinking i hope the question isnt on the position of women and then when i thought about it i realised that i actually know a lot of stuff about women in German society throughout the years. Just need to have more confidence with my own knowledge :redface:

:gfight:

ill and busy to sum it up in two words :colondollar: wbu ? :hugs:

Awwww get well soon. Been aight too :smile:
Can't take Hitler and Papen and Schleicher and Van Der Lubbe and Hindenburg and all the rest of them anymore
gonna do some PD revision instead and come back to them in a few days
You've got this :hugs:
Original post by Midnightmemories
You've got this :hugs:

Thank you lovely :hugs: :lovehug:

-----------------
Gonna put this here to remind me to look over it the most cos it's the area i find the hardest:

Spoiler

The night of the long knives was in 1934 NOT 1942 (why on earth would it be in 1942 during WWII :facepalm:)

then the British night of the long knives was in 1962

too many knives lol
and the Wannsee conference was actually in 1942
From memory:

Tempering:
To make steel tough in certain places, heating then controlled cooling. Used on chisels etc where the handles have to be tough compared to the blade which will be hard

Case hardening:
Soaking steel in carbon granules then heating. Steel absorbs the carbon on the area applied and it becomes harder and more brittle on these areas due to the increased carbon content. Used on train wheels, have to be tough in the middle with a hard exterior (to withstand use on a track)

Annealing:
Done to reverse work hardening where the metal becomes brittle due to being bent. Metal heated to from 1/3rd to 1/2 of it's melting point then cooled. Helps make the metal more malleable and easier to work. Aluminium as a case study

Tanalising:
Wood placed in a vacuum cylinder. Wood treatment sprayed into the cylinder, vacuum within the wood helps suck the treatment into the wood pores. Hydraulic pressure applied to the outside of wood to help the treatment soak in

hopefully those are right cos kept getting confused between them all :redface:

Latest