ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    The act protecting stupid people from themselves
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    :rofl: that's very true acc :lol:
    That's basically the TLDR of that :giggle:
    • Welcome Squad

Galvanising:
    Steel is cleaned in caustic solution (removes grease, dirt and paint)
    Rinsing of the component
    Pickled in acid to remove scale
    Rinsing of the component
    Flux applied and dried on surface
    Steel dipped in molten Zinc
    Steel is removed and quenched after reaching temperature of molten zinc bath.
    • Welcome Squad

you know ***** getting real when the clear plastic pencil case comes out :plz2:

ReputationRep:
    Health and Safety at Work Act = 1974
    health and safety,formely common sense
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by chelseafreak)
    indeed :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    Savage

ReputationRep:
    indeed :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Cavy, you are awesome. So stay awesome!
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Final Fantasy)
    Cavy, you are awesome. So stay awesome!
    Thank you FF :hugs: im not awesome but i appreciate the sentiment xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you FF :hugs: im not awesome but i appreciate the sentiment xxx
    you are awesome

ReputationRep:
    CoolCavy where you go
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Reue)
    CoolCavy where you go
    im so sorry reue i have been revising, drinking (non-alcholic beverages) and crying alternately

ReputationRep:
    im so sorry reue i have been revising, drinking (non-alcholic beverages) and crying alternately
    come back!
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Reue)
    come back!
    i will tomorrow at 4pm
    • Welcome Squad

Health and Safety at Work Act = 1974
    well this never came up so that was hours of my life i wont get back :indiff:

thank goodness this is nearly over lol although i say that but have nothing planned for after a levels, trying to apply to jobs whilst revising was too stressful and was just rejected from everything anyway so idk what im gonna do about that

tbh i acc feel quite proud of myself, 6 hours under invigilator supervision was quite intense and i was worried about it but we got there in the end. Idk how the exams went really, hopefully they were good and i found them both ok but i can't tell really, all ik is that i tried my absolute hardest and i can say that hand on heart :yes:

why has this year been so difficult though, does everyone find it this hard or is it just me? cos everyone else seems to go about the picture of composure and elegance. Then again from the outside i probably look composed to (elegance isnt possible :rofl:)

feel like this was embryonic cavy at the start of year 12:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Then year 13 happened...

Spoiler:
    Show

minus the pink dress

yes that was basically an excuse to use some gifs

onwards to the next and final exam, theoretically this should be easier as there is less content for it, oh and some sleep would be nice since i was in some half awakened semi conscious dream state with the same words echoing in my head for the majority of the night
    • Welcome Squad

Damn i've just realised that in a week i wont need to document my revision and work on this thread (not that i ever needed to but i find it helpful)
    how will tsr cope without my moronic posts
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Josb)
    Keynesianism was the theories elaborated by JM Keynes between the Wars to fight the economic crisis of the 1930s. It supposes a strong public spending during economic crisis so consumers (=demand) still have money to spend, thus companies still hire people to run the factories and the negative effects (principally unemployment) of the crisis are contained. It advocates a generous welfare state (especially unemployment benefits), and often massive infrastructure projects that require a lot of manpower (in order to reduce unemployment). These theories were dominant after 1945, especially with Labour governments (Clement Attlee created the British welfare state), but also influenced the Tories.

However, these policies became ineffective to counter the economic crisis of the 1970s, which combined both high unemployment and inflation (called "stagflation" ). Demand policies did not work because world economies had become more open and British companies were not competitive in the global market. When the state gave benefits, people bought products manufactured abroad. For example, in the 1970s people bought walkmans, pocket radios, VCRs, etc. which were made in East Asia (especially Japan). So, public money was "wasted" on foreign goods and the UK had large trade and budget deficits, funded by printing banknotes, thus fuelling inflation.

With Margaret Thatcher (and Reagan in the USA) a new set of economic policies were used (although they had already been experimented before), such as Monetarism. It is another economic doctrine, which was designed by Milton Friedman (US economist, leader of the Chicago School). It advocates the limitation of public spending and money printing in order to reduce inflation. Friedman and his followers also said that companies (who make supplies) must be favoured so they can produce goods and services at a cheaper cost than their foreign competitors. Therefore, they pushed for economic deregulation, reducing taxes, cutting public spending, fighting the unions, etc. anything to cut the labour cost.

So in short:
    Demand=favouring people (or consumers)=Keynes=post-war governments (especially labour).
    Supply=favouring businesses=Friedman=Thatcher+ Reagan.
    thank you josb this is still useful 5 months later, always learn this then forget it after exams and have to relearn it
    Spoiler:
    Show

also rip :cry2::rip:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.