Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Laboour MEP holds up 'he's lying to you' sign behind Nigel Farage Watch

ReputationRep:
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...d-nigel-farage

Haha

“The really frustrating thing about the European parliament is that we cannot intervene and he was going to get three minutes of uninterrupted speaking time. I just felt enough is enough. I have got to do something pretty crude and unnuanced to point out something I think is happening.”

Yeah, and its wise of them not to allow heckling.... I'm sorry, but this liberal mentality of heckling all those with different opinions is simply infantile. I can't help but feel schadenfreude when the liberals see the political world crashing around their ivory towers while they circlejerk in delusion.

I think its fine he's waving a sign, btw, although I'm not sure which part of Farage's speech amounted to a lie; I just think he's a condescending idiot for the quote above.

ReputationRep:
      Well, no doubt the Labour MEP is not the biggest fan of Nigel.

Nigel derailed the gravy train............i'd be pissed off too!

About the right level for a Labour pol though.

ReputationRep:
      In what sense was he lying though? I will grant you that Farage has and does lie, but ... that wasn't happening here.

Here's the thing, I don't want farage etc. to win, to be in positions of power etc. But at the same time I find myself unable to think anybody who supports them is being particularly stupid or irrational, especially when things like this happen. You've accused him of lying when he wasn't, you have admitted that you were frustrated that he was given the right to make his point uninterrupted implying that you would much rather you were able to talk over him so that any point he was making became obfuscated. All this happened because you didn't agree with his politics. And you wonder why there are people not voting for you?

ReputationRep:
      savage

ReputationRep:
      Unprofessional

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.