Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are my GCSE's good enough to be considered for a Medicine Course??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I'm from Northern Ireland and I am currently taking my AS courses. In my GCSEs I got 1A*4A's and 5 B's. I am currently studying AS Chemistry, Biology, Geography and Business Studies. I really want to persue a career in medicine however I'm not sure weather my GCSEs are good enough to be considered. I am considering repeating my GCSE Chemistry and Buisness Studies exams to try and get up to 6A's?

ReputationRep:
    People with worse GCSEs have gotten into medicine so you do definitely have a chance. You need to be very careful with picking your unis though and make sure to do well with other parts of your application. GCSE heavy unis like Oxford, King's, Edinburgh etc would probably reject you straight away tbh so you need to look at places that focus on the strengths of your application. If you get a great UKCAT you should consider Newcastle, if you're confident about getting a good BMAT you should consider BSMS and if you get brilliant predictions you should consider Exeter, for example. Don't really know what to say about the resitting - some unis might autoreject you because of the B in chemistry so you'd need to check that before applying, and some unis might not consider GCSE resits so you'd need to check that too. Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.