Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to deal with a friend who doesn't respect you? Watch

So two weeks ago he comes un-invited to my house and just turns up.

Last week we agreed to meet up and he says he will give the magazines back but he lied, the bus number he had to catch went past 4 times and he lied it was not the bus number.

Again another day last week he came to my house without my consent and he came at 7pm where I just did not want to come out, he didn't even say beforehand or text, call me and there was no agreement to meeting up, however, he just turned up outside my door step just like that.

Today, can't believe it, without agreeing he comes to my house, he phones me and I say I don't want to come out and he doesn't listen, he just keep knocking and knocking on my door and on my window.

I eventually come out and he says because I'm not doing anything, I might as well chill out for an hour. We go to the chip shop where he leaves the bag in the car, I take the bag to the chippie and leave it on the window sill and I'm gone leaving him.

I'm a bit agitated.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a stalker and very controlling. I don't think he's a friend at all, just someone who thinks he can just push you around for fun. Stop talking to him and block him.

Thanks.

I agree with you 100%. He deliberately knows he's manipulating, controlling me and messing me about.

Due to all of these reasons I've decided to break up friends with him, a good friend will not lie, manipulate, control and mess you about. Furthermore, a good friend will respect your time.

Just worried he will go to the police if his bag is missing (which this his responsibility). I just left it on the chip shop windowsill where if he turns around he could see it and I ran off.

ReputationRep:
    A friend who doesnt respect you isnt your friend. simple

ReputationRep:
    Just dump them and curse at them, that's what I do with ****ed up friends who don't know the manners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amazon_Lover)
    A friend who doesnt respect you isnt your friend. simple
    this is my opinion word for word. Anyone who does not show you respect is not worthy of your time. Bin them and move on!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.