Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Immediate Tinder turn offs? Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Well at least there's no beating round the bush I guess?
    :rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I thought they were genuinely nice until they said something weird(can't remember exactly). I couldn't block them for some reason so they kept on messaging me hi everyday.
    hi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Attachment 616192
    Oh Alex.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Oh Alex.
    He almost won me over. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    He almost won me over. :rofl:
    If only he had said please!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    If only he had said please!
    Oh, if only. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, if only. :moon:
    Sit on my chaise longue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    hi
    Why is everyone saying hi now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeloniusFunk)
    hi
    Another one

ReputationRep:
    Another one
    hi
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeloniusFunk)
    Sit on my chaise longue?

ReputationRep:
    Most have been said.

I have one though: when their first message is something crude. I woke up to this lovely gem on Christmas Day 2015 ; Attachment 616152

I prefer that line.
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: pngIMG_4241.PNG (109.0 KB)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)

I prefer that line.
    Have to wait for approval, brah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I'm sorry, but why the hell would that actually impress a girl? You think girls are so shallow and vapid that they'll find that attractive?

I mean yes some may like it, maybe they'll think it means the guy is mature and has his **** together. But imo you've just completely undone all that by feeling the need to announce it to the world. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just had to vent after seeing one two many.

What immediately turns you off on Tinder?

I was in a club in manchester once chatting up some girl. I mentioned the reason I was in manchester was cause I was looking to buy a house.

and Jesus ...I've never seen a girl's eye's light up like that before

ReputationRep:
    when they have gym in their bio and a shirtless pic (guys)

(Original post by ANM775)
    I was in a club in manchester once chatting up some girl. I mentioned the reason I was in manchester was cause I was looking to buy a house.

and Jesus ...I've never seen a girl's eye's light up like that before

Well no. It turns me off so incredibly much, it's borderline repulsive. Up there with a guy mentioning he drives a BMW :rofl:

Cringe. You must have low standards because any decent girl finds it a major turn off. My girlfriends agree.

Yeah the 'recently brought my own house' type of guys should ideally be signed up to a sugardaddy website instead as it seems as if they think their wealth will impress a girl. Yes it will impress her... because she'll be hoping that you will be willing to spend on her. If not - don't mention your ****ing wealth and what its done for you.

ReputationRep:
    The typical demanding a solid 9 when hes a 5 himself

Even worse when it comes with a completely stuck up, over-selling profile where he paints himself out to be nothing short of a lothario and then you look at his pic and are like.... 'eh I just don't see it - average face, average bod, too short, crap dress sense, stupid pose... obviously still single for a reason!' :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Hii

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well no. It turns me off so incredibly much, it's borderline repulsive. Up there with a guy mentioning he drives a BMW :rofl:

Cringe. You must have low standards because any decent girl finds it a major turn off. My girlfriends agree.

no, the girl was a solid 8+ actually.

to be fair, she did seem fairly attracted to me before I said that.
    It's just when I said it, she seemed slightly more-so.

I wasn't saying it to try and boast either, that was basically the only reason why I was in manchester and when in conversation I just ended up saying it.

having said all that, If you see a man on Tinder trying to overcompensate a little with his assets, you shouldn't be too hard on him imo as society/media basically encourages men to act this way. I mean even in Aladdin he was pretending to be some rich prince in order to impress Jasmine as he was worried she wouldn't be interested...

here's a song for you .......which you probably won't like......but this sort of thing and these sorts of messages are everywhere...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.