Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Immediate Tinder turn offs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Attachment 616192
    Please tell me you replied "Why? Is your nose bigger than your d**k?"

Immediate swipe lefts:
    -Photo with their ex or kids
    -"I've got 2 kids and they mean the world to me". Just means nothing really, loving your children isn't exactly unusual
    -"Not the best looking guy in the world but...". Let me decide that, putting yourself down isn't attractive
    -"Just as happy having a night out or staying in". Unoriginal and tells you nothing about the person.
    -"Looking for someone to cuddle" Barf
    -Terrible spelling/grammar, I know some people are dyslexic but anyone can spell check their profile.
    -Only has topless gym selfies
    -Only has photos of them fishing
    -Any photos of them in Asia cuddling a tiger
    -Any photos of them with a dead boar they've just killed
    -Only group photos so you can't tell which one they are.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Tinder itself.

It has no validity as a medium for connecting people it only encourages at best fleeting unsubstantial encounters and at worst is responsible for the objectification of humanity and the degradation of the wholesome aspects of the courtship process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeHumanisation)
    Probably Tinder itself.

It has no validity as a medium for connecting people it only encourages at best fleeting unsubstantial encounters and at worst is responsible for the objectification of humanity and the degradation of the wholesome aspects of the courtship process.
    lol k
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainMakesWhisky)
    Please tell me you replied "Why? Is your nose bigger than your d**k?"

Immediate swipe lefts:
    -Photo with their ex or kids
    -"I've got 2 kids and they mean the world to me". Just means nothing really, loving your children isn't exactly unusual
    -"Not the best looking guy in the world but...". Let me decide that, putting yourself down isn't attractive
    -"Just as happy having a night out or staying in". Unoriginal and tells you nothing about the person.
    -"Looking for someone to cuddle" Barf
    -Terrible spelling/grammar, I know some people are dyslexic but anyone can spell check their profile.
    -Only has topless gym selfies
    -Only has photos of them fishing
    -Any photos of them in Asia cuddling a tiger
    -Any photos of them with a dead boar they've just killed
    -Only group photos so you can't tell which one they are.
    Aww I should have said that. :rofl:

Unfortunately I just immediately deleted him.

I agree with all yours, especially the group photo one; you have to automatically assume they're the least attractive one in the picture haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Hi

(Original post by ANM775)
    no, the girl was a solid 8+ actually.

to be fair, she did seem fairly attracted to me before I said that.
    It's just when I said it, she seemed slightly more-so.

I wasn't saying it to try and boast either, that was basically the only reason why I was in manchester and when in conversation I just ended up saying it.

having said all that, If you see a man on Tinder trying to overcompensate a little with his assets, you shouldn't be too hard on him imo as society/media basically encourages men to act this way. I mean even in Aladdin he was pretending to be some rich prince in order to impress Jasmine as he was worried she wouldn't be interested...

here's a song for you .......which you probably won't like......but this sort of thing and these sorts of messages are everywhere...

A solid 8 in your eyes probably greatly differs to others

Well even if you were intending to boast, and I was the type of girl to be impressed by wealth it wouldn't work. Most people I know who own their own house at my age are only able to do so because they started working at an earlier age, I.e, they didn't go to university.
    So yeah they (you?) think they're doing well now, but they're long term earning potential is a lot lower than other people who are recent graduates.

But that is besides the point. It's pathetic, so so pathetic to boast that you're a home owner.

And oh do shut up. I find it embarrassing that you use Disney and 50 Cent to raise your point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by If u dont mind)
    Hi
    FFS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    And oh do shut up. I find it embarrassing that you use Disney and 50 Cent to raise your point.

nah, it's a good point actually. If society/media is putting out that kind of message at an early age then it's not that surprising at all why some men try and use their wealth like that.

to be fair though, I do not think simply owning a house is enough to have much of an actual impact on most mens dating prospects. It's not enough wealth imo. Like if she wasn't interested in him before, owning a house isn't suddenly going to make her want to jump into bed with him [imo] ....in order to have that kind of impact on a girl a guy he would need to be a millionaire and tbh there are still a good amount of girls who would not be swayed by the idea of money.

I remember seeing an episode of take me out once and a guy came on and about 15 girls instantly pressed their buzzer to reject him. Then paddy revealed he was a millionaire and said "who would of kept their light on if they had known he was millionaire?" and about 4 girls raised their hand.

money will sway a few girls, but definitely not all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.