Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please help, Muslims will probably only understand Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaGirl)
    I made a typo.

"I don't think you can mark it on a scale. I want him to be fully practicing and be pious but I won't tolerate him telling me to never leave the house and I can only leave the house with his permission etc."

Is that clearer?
    well, be sure to put those clauses in the marriage contract, or you will have a tough time in obtaining a khulah (divorce declared by an imam on the wife's request, if husband does not agree to it)

not even really sure if those clauses will be considered as valid

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Yeah but that's because they are your parents and naturally they are protective of you, when you're married, you should have such freedom not to require and seek permission to leave the house, there is a difference.
    I don't expect you to know this as you have lost faith anyway but a wife should give her husband more precedence over her parents. I don't really see the difference. I stick to Allah's commands.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    I don't expect you to know this as you have lost faith anyway but a wife should give her husband more precedence over her parents. I don't really see the difference. I stick to Allah's commands.
    I really don't understand why me losing my faith makes a difference to the validity of my comment, all I said was, as a wife, she shouldn't need to seek the permission from her husband to go outside and do simple tasks outdoors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychedeliyaa)
    Read the quran. You will never be a muslim after reading and understanding the Qur'an. If you still are, then that's deplorable. Me and my girlfriend were muslims until last year, when we finished reading the qur'an. Now we've left Egypt and we can finally get married without fear of being stoned death. You know Islam is even sexist for punishment; If me and my girlfriend were two males, we would've have be executed, but because we are two women we are to be stoned to death.
    Please for your own happiness, leave Islam and the best way to do that is to read the Qur'an.
    You were made to leave islam within itself as Islam does not tolerate lesbian or gay marriages. This is also one of the major signs of the day of judgement.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Loooool are you mad? How can you preface an argument by saying that? Stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't understand why me losing my faith makes a difference to the validity of my comment, all I said was, as a wife, she shouldn't need to seek the permission from her husband to go outside and do simple tasks outdoors.
    And what if something happens to her on the way and she hadn't informed her husband? then what? Even simple tasks could potentially lead to danger thats why it is best if you at least inform your husband of each others whereabouts so they wouldn't worry.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    And what if something happens to her on the way and she hadn't informed her husband? then what? Even simple tasks could potentially lead to danger thats why it is best if you at least inform your husband of each others whereabouts so they wouldn't worry.
    Wait, so what about those single or unwed? What if something happens to them but nobody is around them? Are you trying to say that everyone has to tell someone where they are going in case we all get murdered one day? People go out on their own all the time, it doesn't make a difference because she's a Muslim.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Better still, get a chip installed under your skin so your husband can track you! Then when the poor stupid woman inevitably gets lost or endangered (WOMEN ARE A LIABILITY!!) her husband can help her - as is his duty.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, so what about those single or unwed? What if something happens to them but nobody is around them? Are you trying to say that everyone has to tell someone where they are going in case we all get murdered one day? People go out on their own all the time, it doesn't make a difference because she's a Muslim.
    You will always be surrounded by people regardless. No one is ever left neglected and im not saying that everyone always has to say to one another that they are going to A and B. In marriages its a completely different story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Better still, get a chip installed under your skin so your husband can track you! Then when the poor stupid woman inevitably gets lost or endangered (WOMEN ARE A LIABILITY!!) her husband can help her - as is his duty.
    You can joke about this all you want however at the end of the day at least our women are protected by righteous men who cares about their other half.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You will always be surrounded by people regardless. No one is ever left neglected and im not saying that everyone always has to say to one another that they are going to A and B. In marriages its a completely different story.
    So why does she have to tell her husband where she is going? Is the husband expected to tell his wife where he is going, I fully doubt it. In marriage, you can't expect to become trapped due to the husband wanting to know where his wife is going or what she is doing, that signifies trust issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Although I didn't say that exactly, I would agree with this analogy - those who choose to walk into the Fire themselves are performing self-immolation; but #YOLO, I guess.
    No one chooses that. Not that the fire is real anyway so.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You can joke about this all you want however at the end of the day at least our women are protected by righteous men who cares about their other half.
    You must be the one joking here?

'Our women'? So only your women (separatist language from you here) have 'righteous men' to protect them? Non-Islamic men are not righteous?

ReputationRep:
    So why does she have to tell her husband where she is going? Is the husband expected to tell his wife where he is going, I fully doubt it. In marriage, you can't expect to become trapped due to the husband wanting to know where his wife is going or what she is doing, that signifies trust issues.
    Actually the husband does tell the wife you just wont hear of it if you dont come from an Asian background (generally speaking). Its a way of reassurance for both parties I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    You must be the one joking here?

'Our women'? So only your women (separatist language from you here) have 'righteous men' to protect them? Non-Islamic men are not righteous?
    I dont do jokes unless they are halal and truthful.

Yes think about it I am not here to spoon feed you every little bit of information on what the biased media is portraying these days. Non-Islamic men are not tolerant of women in the first place to be honest as they dont value them as much as righteous men believe it or not.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Actually the husband does tell the wife you just wont hear of it if you dont come from an Asian background (generally speaking). Its a way of reassurance for both parties I guess.
    But what's with the comment about non Muslim men not being righteous, that's berating and belittling those who do not believe in Islam, are you trying to say that they are worse than Muslims? Believe me, not all Muslim men are righteous. What makes them more righteous than non Muslim men?

ReputationRep:
    It's typical Islamic rhetoric, they try and make out that anyone who isn't Muslim can't possibly understand Islam when TSR consistently shows that it's the non-Muslims who generally know more about Islamic theology than the Muslims.

As an apostate you probably have it worse because as well as being "ignorant" you were probably "never a true Muslim" according to them either.

ReputationRep:
    You were made to leave islam within itself as Islam does not tolerate lesbian or gay marriages. This is also one of the major signs of the day of judgement.
    Well this obviously can't be true because homosexuals have existed as long as humans have and homosexual behaviour has been documented for thousands of years.

ReputationRep:
    But what's with the comment about non Muslim men not being righteous, that's berating and belittling those who do not believe in Islam, are you trying to say that they are worse than Muslims? Believe me, not all Muslim men are righteous.
    Im not in anyway stating that Muslim men are 'perfect'. Because simply they are not no one is for that matter. However to be honest apart from the couple of black sheep who has no affliction to Islam they do treat women like queens and princesses nowadays anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Well this obviously can't be true because homosexuals have existed as long as humans have and homosexual behaviour has been documented for thousands of years.
    Lesbian and gays was not as quite common as it nowadays. Nowadays its a norm.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.