Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please help, Muslims will probably only understand Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigTraderBoi)
    If one has left Islam,they have already attacked Islam and the Ummah, so I can attack their beliefs as well.
    You were likely influenced by the media, society and the lies you've heard. Not by Islam
    How dare you make such a bold claim about someone you don't know? Practise humility, little boy - you are in no position to attack Rhythmical for her decision to leave Islam. Don't assume anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    How dare you make such a bold claim about someone you don't know? Practise humility, little boy - you are in no position to attack Rhythmical for her decision to leave Islam. Don't assume anything.
    I'm not attacking the person, I am attacking their belief. And apostates already attack Islam and the umma with their action. If anything, i am being kind

ReputationRep:
    A Muslim knows far more than a non-Muslim about Islam, just like a doctor knows far more about a random person about health and a teacher knows far more about their subject than the student.
    I'm sorry, but your point is just ridiculous in my opinion.
    I'd probably agree the average Muslim knows more about Islam, than the average non-Muslim, but I'd shy away from equating the formers knowledge about Islam to be thorough, as you seem to be implying with your doctor/teacher analogy.

An apostate is someone who hates Islam.
    Not necessarily, just particular interpretations that are violent, oppressive, harmful, such as those that justify the persecution of apostates/blasphemers.

They never knew anything about Islam
    Fallacious. I think most apostates know something about Islam, certainly I do.

and were influenced by their own desires instead of submitting to Allah. Therefore, they are indeed ignorant.
    I and I'm sure many other apostates did desire to seek the truth and after scrutinising the veracity of the claims of Islam, such as it's deity, I was not convinced of Islam and presently regard it to be false.

Though I understand a Muslim is someone who believes Islam to be "prefect", thus not anytime soon will Muslims accept there being valid reasons to leave the religion and imply/state that it is false and flawed. Thus they need to rationalize the presence of disbelief and of critics, via such erroneous statements as..."You left because you were ignorant of my true Islam/You left for material pleasures/you're arrogant/God has sealed your heart/God guides whom he wills/God has created many of Mankind and jinn for hell" etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    Thanks for your opinion which would not affect me in anyway BigBadAsh. Just to let you know I am a SOK. Thats not to boast or anything however that only means that I do know where I am coming from in terms of my religion. What you have done above is mix culture and religion together. Now whos Naive? Its like music and the Holy Quraan it will never entwine with each other just like culture and religion.
    I have no idea what a 'SOK' is, and no interest in it either. The point I made attacked you in no way/shape/form.
    I don't doubt your 'religious knowledge', however you did state earlier Muslims can not marry outside the faith,
    when actually a Muslim man can marry a Jewish/Christian woman.
    very basic knowledge.

And I haven't mixed them together, actually I've done the opposite.
    Clearly, the OP is struggling from cultural issues and has had ideas shoved down her throat that are wrong, like she wont be liked because she doesn't wear a hijab.
    A huge problem in Islam today is the association the media makes of (horrible) cultures that exist in Southern Asia and the Middle East.

The arguments you've made are ridiculous and are heading completely off topic from what was originally asked.

ReputationRep:
    And its perfectly fine for you guys to sit here dictating Islam to us? Like its all false? Under what basis? Like everyone questions us Muslims let me retrack that question back at you. Wheres your evidence for Islam being a made up religion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    No. Just because you see it one way doesn't mean everyone does.
    There is only one way of seeing it that is right. You can attempt to see it differently but you would still be wrong. You can believe that 2+2=233 but you'd still be wrong at the end of the day
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm not attacking the person, I am attacking their belief. And apostates already attack Islam and the umma with their action. If anything, i am being kind
    You are very stupid. You say apostates are 'ignorant' (in the quote below), this is an attack on her constitution. Never mind the fact that apostates might just be the enlightened ones, having considered Islam and rejected it.

An apostate is someone who hates Islam. They never knew anything about Islam and were influenced by their own desires instead of submitting to Allah. Therefore, they are indeed ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    There is only one way of seeing it that is right. You can attempt to see it differently but you would still be wrong. You can believe that 2+2=233 but you'd still be wrong at the end of the day
    Nonsense. Don't compare how someone feels about an ideology to a maths equation because they are clearly not the same. The fact there are so many different Islamic sects and interpretations is obvious proof that there is not only one way of seeing things.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    And its perfectly fine for you guys to sit here dictating Islam to us? Like its all false? Under what basis? Like everyone questions us Muslims let me retrack that question back at you. Wheres your evidence for Islam being a made up religion?
    Where did I dictate Islam to you? I was challenging your beliefs on the 'righteous man' - and you ignored me. You didn't have a strong enough case for arguing that non-Muslims don't respect women so you defaulted to painting yourself as the victim, baiting posters here on their knowledge of Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Nonsense. Don't compare how someone feels about an ideology to a maths equation because they are clearly not the same. The fact there are so many different Islamic sects and interpretations is obvious proof that there is not only one way of seeing things.
    Those interpretations are wrong. There is only one interpretation that is right. The problem is that many former Muslims want to change the religion to fit their desires and end up creating thousands of false interpretations to suit their standards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigBadAsh)
    I have no idea what a 'SOK' is, and no interest in it either. The point I made attacked you in no way/shape/form.
    I don't doubt your 'religious knowledge', however you did state earlier Muslims can not marry outside the faith,
    when actually a Muslim man can marry a Jewish/Christian woman.
    very basic knowledge.

And I haven't mixed them together, actually I've done the opposite.
    Clearly, the OP is struggling from cultural issues and has had ideas shoved down her throat that are wrong, like she wont be liked because she doesn't wear a hijab.
    A huge problem in Islam today is the association the media makes of (horrible) cultures that exist in Southern Asia and the Middle East.

The arguments you've made are ridiculous and are heading completely off topic from what was originally asked.
    Okay. let me clarify something. I did not start this debate neither did I mention anything regarding Hijaab, But okay thats fine with me as long as I am aware that I havent cause OP any confusion. Just like one cannot clap with one hand you are stating that I am debating with myself?

In terms of your query on interfaith marriages "Do not marry unbelieving women until they believe. A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though if she attracts you. And not marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe. A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though if he attracts you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the fire but Allah beckons by His grace to the garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His signs clear to mankind; that they may receive admonition." (al-Baqarah, 221)

Sorry but I am to take my religion seriously and thats not to say I am forcing anyone with this quote I am just clarifying and making an understanding for those who are misguiding others.

ReputationRep:
    A Muslim knows far more than a non-Muslim about Islam, just like a doctor knows far more about a random person about health and a teacher knows far more about their subject than the student.
    I'm sorry, but your point is just ridiculous in my opinion.
    If one has left Islam,they have already attacked Islam and the Ummah, so I can attack their beliefs as well.
    You were likely influenced by the media, society and the lies you've heard. Not by Islam
    Please shut up, you're embarrassing yourself.

There's many Non-Muslims who have studied Islam and Islamic history to points where they have doctorates in the field.

And you have no right to attack anyone's beliefs, I've never heard such a stupid reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    OP just wanted advice (preferably from Muslims as she follows Islam) and we end in debates. Great. I feel sorry for OP.

ReputationRep:
    Those interpretations are wrong. There is only one interpretation that is right.
    "True Islam", as you seem to allude to, is I'm sure you know a contentious title amongst Muslims fractured into their various sects/ interpretations and I'm sure differing/rival Muslims will make similar if not the same statement as you have made above, in relation to their "True Islam".

The problem is that many former Muslims want to change the religion to fit their desires and end up creating thousands of false interpretations to suit their standards
    The authors of the various sects/interpretations of Islam are self proclaimed Muslims. Not former Muslims as you seem to suggest (perhaps in your interpretation, to which I'm sure you'll stress is "True Islam" - not without contention from other differing/rival Muslims).

ReputationRep:
    Where did I dictate Islam to you? I was challenging your beliefs on the 'righteous man' - and you ignored me. You didn't have a strong enough case for arguing that non-Muslims don't respect women so you defaulted to painting yourself as the victim, baiting posters here on their knowledge of Islam.
    Wheres your evidence for Islam being a made up religion?

ReputationRep:
    Okay. let me clarify something. I did not start this debate neither did I mention anything regarding Hijaab, But okay thats fine with me as long as I am aware that I havent cause OP any confusion. Just like one cannot clap with one hand you are stating that I am debating with myself?

In terms of your query on interfaith marriages "Do not marry unbelieving women until they believe. A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though if she attracts you. And not marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe. A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though if he attracts you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the fire but Allah beckons by His grace to the garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His signs clear to mankind; that they may receive admonition." (al-Baqarah, 221)

Sorry but I am to take my religion seriously and thats not to say I am forcing anyone with this quote I am just clarifying and making an understanding for those who are misguiding others.
    I never said you even mentioned hijabs but the OP did Einstein.
    And also note:
    O ye who believe! When there come to you believing women refugees, examine (and test) them: Allah knows best as to their Faith: if ye ascertain that they are Believers, then send them not back to the Unbelievers. They are not lawful (wives) for the Unbelievers, nor are the (Unbelievers) lawful (husbands) for them. But pay the Unbelievers what they have spent (on their dower), and there will be no blame on you if ye marry them on payment of their dower to them. But hold not to the guardianship of unbelieving women: ask for what ye have spent on their dowers, and let the (Unbelievers) ask for what they have spent (on the dowers of women who come over to you). Such is the command of Allah. He judges (with justice) between you. And Allah is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom. {Surah 60:10}

I would definitely brush up on your Tafsir if you plan on taking Islam seriously in anyway, rather than googling and sending me quotes out of context.
    Just to let you know, Surat Al-Mumtahanah is what I quoted you, and it's enforced in many Arab countries today, such as Lebanon.

Just to give you a helping hand on your Tafsir, 'unbelievers' are anyone not of an Abrahamic monotheistic religion.
    Hence why Muslims can actually marry out of Islam in many countries.

ReputationRep:
    Those interpretations are wrong. There is only one interpretation that is right. The problem is that many former Muslims want to change the religion to fit their desires and end up creating thousands of false interpretations to suit their standards
    Still many ways of looking at things. They will all say your interpretation is wrong.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly what I meant.

This is your deflection tactic. I never said Islam was a 'made up religion'. (There's no such thing as a religion that hasn't been made up anyway. :rofl:) But you're demanding an answer from me that is irrelevant to our discussion about non-Muslim men.

Your comprehension skills are disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    There is absolutely no "evidence" that it is anything but.

Islam claims to have been "revealed" to man. It is a belief system totally predicted on a supposed revelation.

Believe it if you will. But don't claim there is "evidence" for it.

Please stop going off topic.......NO DEBATING!!!!!

Mods this thread needs to be closed.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.