Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please help, Muslims will probably only understand Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    you have not only be blinded but deaf and your heart sealed from the true Islam
    And according to the Quran, who is it that does this blinding and sealing?
    Yes, that's right. Allah.
    Remember that nothing occurs without his will and permission.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...8a2de3984c.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    What is your opinion of Muslims who use IVF or sperm/egg donors to conceive?
    I'm simply not educated enough to know the ruling on this. I'm going to go ahead and say it's halal but I would refer you to a scholar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    The standard Islamic model requires wives to obey their husbands.
    https://islamqa.info/en/43123
    http://www.islamweb.net/en/article/1...ey-to-paradise
    https://quran.com/4/34
    http://en.islamway.net/article/12221...-over-his-wife
    and so on...

If you refused to obey him on certain issues, would you be happy for him to invoke sura 4:34?
    Of course I will obey him and do as he says but if it is agreed on before marriage that I can work, I can leave the house when I want etc and then he violates that agreement then it is he who is wrong, not me.

Of course if there is a riot outside or it's late at night and there are thugs about and he is genuinely concerned for my safety then I will not leave the house if he does not want me to.

You really need to get this Saudi mentality out of your head bro, there is much room for discussion in a marriage.

ReputationRep:
    You've got it completely twisted. It states in the Holy Quraan that Allah in fact sealed your hearts and mind. I just quoted it as it was perfect example for you.

Someone can't read in between the lines.

In terms of unbelievers getting sent to hell is used to describe what will happen to an individual that does not believe

You have plenty of resources avaliable to find your way to Islam. Allah gives and gives until one is certain that they defo don't want to believe. Then he seals ones heart and mind thereby becoming headless
    It appears you're muddled. In the Quran it says Allah seals the minds and hearts of some people and therefore he deliberately stops them from believing. Therefore how can it be rational or just to send them to hell for disbelieving when it's his fault?

So you don't have evidence then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Still many ways of looking at things. They will all say your interpretation is wrong.
    I couldn't care less because they are wrong. The people who say 2+2=5 are wrong so why should we care what they think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigTraderBoi)
    I couldn't care less because they are wrong. The people who say 2+2=5 are wrong so why should we care what they think?
    And again, they all say you're wrong. There's no reason to believe your interpretation is the right one.

ReputationRep:
    And again, they all say you're wrong. There's no reason to believe your interpretation is the right one.
    This conversation is pointless. Are you even a Muslim? If so, why are you spreading falsehood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    So you accept that it is legitimate to pick and choose which elements of Islam you want to adhere to.
    No it is absolutely not. A Muslim must believe and accept all parts of the Quran.

ReputationRep:
    This conversation is pointless. Are you even a Muslim? If so, why are you spreading falsehood?
    How is making the obvious observation that since the time of Muhammad Muslims haven't been able to agree on interpretations (which is why there are numerous sects), spreading falsehood?

ReputationRep:
    How is making the obvious observation that since the time of Muhammad Muslims haven't been able to agree on interpretations (which is why there are numerous sects), spreading falsehood?
    Anyone who doesn't believe in all of the Quran and hadiths is not within the fold of Islam. Its Muslims unable to agree with non believers.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who doesn't believe in all of the Quran and hadiths is not within the fold of Islam. The are kafir
    Stating the obvious...

ReputationRep:
    Stating the obvious...
    You're wasting my time. You don't know much about Islam. Hopefully you'll see the truth one day. Have a good day

ReputationRep:
    You're wasting my time. You don't know much about Islam. Hopefully you'll see the truth one day. Have a good day
    More meaningless platitudes. If you're referring to Islam then no, I won't ever find the truth because that religion is false.

ReputationRep:
    The only one who has died for your sins is Jesus Christ. God came to Earth as Jesus Christ, lived a perfect sinless life and took on a sacrifice on the cross for our sins. If you come to faith in Him and repent, you will receive salvation.

ReputationRep:
    What sort of remark is that? How would you know what sort of person I am? But thanks for the compliment because at the end of the day it don't hurt me. My reward lies with Allah. And if you really cared that much then you would consult an Imam for the answer. As I said before I'm not here to spoon feed all details about my religion.
    Yes your reward is Allah. He created you so that you would have eternal life in paradise.

And he created me but sealed my heart and mind so I would spend an eternity in hellfire. I am going to burn and burn not just for a day or a week or a lifetime but for EVER.

Why did he create me only to burn me when dead?

Could you please explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    And he created me but sealed my heart and mind so I would spend an eternity in hellfire. I am going to burn and burn not just for a day or a week or a lifetime but for EVER.
    Your heart is sealed but have you actually tried to believe? I am of the belief that you cannot choose what you believe, you cannot chose to believe that a square is a circle...

However if you remain ignorant and don't make the conscious effort learn and read about Islam then yes your heart will forever be sealed.

How can you expect to believe in something you've never read or taken the time to understand? It is every humans responsibility to seek out the truth, how can you believe in the book if you never read it?

Reading a sura here or there isn't enough. You need to apply it to your life, you need to quit the drinking and the drugs (if you do them) and the sex and try to bond with your creator. Learn to pray, even if you don't recite it correctly, it's your actions that are important.

Perhaps then he will guide you to him. "Allah swt says: “Take one step towards me, I will take ten steps towards you. Walk towards me, I will run towards you.”

ReputationRep:
    A Muslim knows far more than a non-Muslim about Islam,
    Simply not true, as has been demonstrated repeatedly on here.
    Are you seriously claiming that a Muslimah in rural Afghanistan knows more about Islam than Marshall Hodgson, a non-Muslim academic whose 3 volume work "the Venture of Islam" is regarded as one of the most comprehensive studies of the subject.

just like a doctor knows far more about a random person about health and a teacher knows far more about their subject than the student.
    I'm sorry, but your point is just ridiculous in my opinion.
    Your analogy is fundamentally flawed. You don't need any special training or knowledge to be a Muslim, you only need to be born into a particular family. And a non-Muslim can spend years studying the subject without the confirmation bias that is going to cloud any Muslims's objectivity.

An apostate is someone who hates Islam. They never knew anything about Islam and were influenced by their own desires instead of submitting to Allah. Therefore, they are indeed ignorant.
    Ironically, many ex-Muslims say that it was actually reading the Quran and looking into certain issues more deeply that led to their apostasy. It is the majority of Muslims who are ignorant about Islam as a whole because they are only told the bits that allow them to practice it and that make it sound good. I mean, the number of times that Muslims on here have claimed that Islam does not permit killing, or that it does not allow slavery, or that Muhammad only fought battles in self defence.
    Jeez, even I know more about Islam than most Muslims!

ReputationRep:
    There is only one way of seeing it that is right.
    Are you Sunni, Shia, Ahmadi, Ibadi, Quranist, etc?
    If you are Sunni or Shia, which branch are you?
    Which school do you follow?

Once we have established this, are you calling takfir on all the other Muslims who do not "see it the right way"? If you don't, you obviously accept that there is indeed more than one way of seeing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    OP just wanted advice (preferably from Muslims as she follows Islam) and we end in debates. Great. I feel sorry for OP.
    I know, on an open debate forum as well! Shocking!

This is what happens when TSR Muslims refuse to engage in debate within the Religion section. We have to come looking for you.

Also, it doesn't matter what the OP is about, once people start making the usual ridiculous and unsupportable claims, people are going to challenge them. If people don't want their beliefs challenged, they shouldn't air them on open forums.

In the words of Homer Simpson...
    "If you're gonna get mad at me every time I do something stupid, I'm gonna have to stop doing stupid things".

ReputationRep:
    Wheres your evidence for Islam being a made up religion?
    Erm, have you actually read the Quran?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.