Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Mathematics: Core C1 6663 17th May 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the 2017 Edexcel C1 exam?
    Very Easy
    9.05%
    Easy
    13.36%
    Average
    30.12%
    Hard
    34.36%
    Very Hard
    13.11%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowfire123)
    Haha Thank you

Your TSR name is mad
    what other A level do ytou do apart from Maths?
    I made it during gcses when I had a mad love for physics (amor=love) I thought I was cool. Did As physics and realised nah I do not love physics at least not the exams I now do Spanish, Econ and maths, what are your a levels?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=JaimeJamerson;71463366]

Oh god really?

My tutor told me not to worry as there would be resit available in summer 2019 for us, but I dont want to call him now to just check...
    I was told this..plus im going uni this year so
    I wont be affected and didnt research much
    but lets focus on getting this year

C1 exam in a day

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Shadowfire123;71463592]
    (Original post by JaimeJamerson)

I was told this..plus im going uni this year so
    I wont be affected and didnt research much
    but lets focus on getting this year

C1 exam in a day
    Yeah, I still have 14 chapters to go... just horrible -_-. I have been focusing on chemistry and biology for too long and did maths as a private candidate.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what areas we are expected to know as the area of a trapezium came up on last years paper

ReputationRep:
    Area of parrellagram? does that come up and whats the formula?

ReputationRep:
    Did jan 2013 I got 68/75 but definitely seeing areas when they catch me out so gonna keep practising tomorrow and prepare for the worst on Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph9299)
    You might get something like that, or area of a quadrilateral - although it is rare.

Check out question 10 on the June 2016 C1 paper available on Edexcel website.
    There are a lot of ways to approach it, one of them being splitting it into a triangle and trapezium and finding the area of the triangle and adding it to the area of a trapezium. [ trapezium area: 1/2 x (a + b) x height ]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Did jan 2013 I got 68/75 but definitely seeing areas when they catch me out so gonna keep practising tomorrow and prepare for the worst on Wednesday
    I'm inconsistent I can get 73/75 but also get 65/75 on another paper due to silly errors like 8/2 = 7 (lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewTheExams)
    I'm inconsistent I can get 73/75 but also get 65/75 on another paper due to silly errors like 8/2 = 7 (lol)
    Yeah it's very easy to make small mistakes hopefully I don't make too many tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I made it during gcses when I had a mad love for physics (amor=love) I thought I was cool. Did As physics and realised nah I do not love physics at least not the exams I now do Spanish, Econ and maths, what are your a levels?
    haha I know what it means - I thought you are a physics person due to the name

have you done your econ exam? (if you are doing old spec)
    what uni and course have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=JaimeJamerson;71463734]

Yeah, I still have 14 chapters to go... just horrible -_-. I have been focusing on chemistry and biology for too long and did maths as a private candidate.
    C1 Maths only has 8 chapters...yea do understand - bio and chem are harder...you mean you paid to do as an extra candidate at your school for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benfletcher99)
    Does anyone know what areas we are expected to know as the area of a trapezium came up on last years paper
    Any area would come up- different question plus different volume qs
    for eg cone, trapezium ,pyramid etc
    (Original post by joseph9299)
    Joseph he is talking about C2

ReputationRep:
    • 2016 - [C1 | 100 UMS - 73 | 90 UMS - 67 | 80 UMS - 61] | [C2 | 100 UMS - 75 | 90 UMS - 69 | 80 UMS - 63]
    • 2015 - [C1 | 100 UMS - 75 | 90 UMS - 69 | 80 UMS - 63] | [C2 | 100 UMS - 73 | 90 UMS - 66 | 80 UMS - 59]
    • 2014 - [C1 | 100 UMS - 75 | 90 UMS - 70 | 80 UMS - 64] | [C2 | 100 UMS - 74 | 90 UMS - 67 | 80 UMS - 60]
    • 2013 - [C1 | 100 UMS - 75 | 90 UMS - 69 | 80 UMS - 63] | [C2 | 100 UMS - 75 | 90 UMS - 69 | 80 UMS - 62]
    • 2012 - [C1 | 100 UMS - 73 | 90 UMS - 66 | 80 UMS - 59] | [C2 | 100 UMS - 75 | 90 UMS - 69 | 80 UMS - 63]

This looks interesting - gives an idea what each paper marks and how much to get over 5 years
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon the paper will be hard tomorrow ?

ReputationRep:
    Any area would come up- different question plus different volume qs
    for eg cone, trapezium ,pyramid etc

Joseph he is talking about C2
    uhh is that for c1 or c2 as i was asking about c1

ReputationRep:
    haha I know what it means - I thought you are a physics person due to the name

I didnt good in AS physics exams so resiting the Unit 1 amd Unit 2 - got B for Unit 3, I do A level Maths, Chemistry and Art&Design....I have already done my Art&Design A level exam (15 hours exam)

have you done your econ exam? (if you are doing old spec)
    what uni and course have you applied for?
    Econ exams are in June with the rest of my A2s Economics at SOAS, hby?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's very easy to make small mistakes hopefully I don't make too many tomorrow
    Yup, I'm hoping too.

Good luck tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    I reckon it will be standard difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Yes as the 2015 and 2016 were harder ,plus a lot of people complained last year therefore it will harder as it is edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benfletcher99)
    uhh is that for c1 or c2 as i was asking about c1
    it is c2 I believe - hope someone will let us know

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.