The Student Room Group

Edexcel Mathematics: Core C1 6663 17th May 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Philip-flop
Make sure you're consistent with your equalities. I can see that 5<x<5 -5 < x <5 isn't the same as x<5,x>5 x<-5, x>5

They will lose marks!! 5<x<5 -5 < x <5 isn't even the same as x<5,x>5 x<-5, x>5 .

sorry i misread the answers :-(
Original post by geokid1
Thank You, even though I still don't understand it haha. Does that mean I am horrific at maths, or that my maths foundation is wack?

No, not at all! What about it don't you understand? Is it the coefficient part?
I'm feeling so nervous tomorrow even though im getting average of 67/75. Is anyone else feeling the same?

BTW I hope everyone does really well tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by Rtdsv
I got a = -4b+8
Is that right
Posted from TSR Mobile

i think its 'a=14-6b'
Original post by Philip-flop
Hey can someone explain to me part b of this question? I honestly have no idea what I have to do :frown:

What paper was that from? I've just attempted the question and I want to check my answers :smile:
Original post by craftywizardboy
I'm feeling so nervous tomorrow even though im getting average of 67/75. Is anyone else feeling the same?

I feel the same way. Although I did that online paper that someone put in the comments and a) it was slightly difficult, and b) the site crashed and didn't save on the last question.

Best of luck to everyone.
btw guys, there's a really cool app called 'photomath' you just hover your camera over any equation and it tells you the answer.
link for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photomath-camera-calculator/id919087726?mt=8
link for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microblink.photomath&hl=en
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by guy321
What paper was that from? I've just attempted the question and I want to check my answers :smile:

Ok I managed to get the answer right for it, this is what I got...

3a+4=192b6 3^{a+4} = \frac{1}{9^{2b-6}}

=1(32)2b6 = \frac{1}{(3^2)^{2b-6}}

=31(4b12) = 3^{-1(4b-12)}

Then comparing...
a+4=1(4b12) a+4 = -1(4b-12)

a=4(2b) a = 4(2-b)

Nervous is an understatement :frown:
Original post by jb10101
No, not at all! What about it don't you understand? Is it the coefficient part?

Yeah that is the bit I am confused about. How the x^3/2 just went away? And how it became 2SquarerootC/3 = 4/3. Thank you for your patience!
Original post by benfletcher99
Where can I get access to the c12 jan 2017 IAL paper?

Use physics and maths tutor, it's all on there + mark scheme
Reply 351
Original post by Maz A
Anyone mind showing a worked solution to the part b of this questions please would be much appreciated.

anyone????
any one got any predictions for the paper?
Original post by negro
I hope all you guys fail.

Thanks for the confidence boost.
Original post by negro

Thanks for the confidence boost. Brilliant input from our fellow member of TSR
Original post by NRose12
btw guys, there's a really cool app called 'photomath' you just hover your camera over any equation and it tells you the answer.
link for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photomath-camera-calculator/id919087726?mt=8
link for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microblink.photomath&hl=en

Thank you
Original post by negro

That is just plain stupid , majority of the population would do really well in the exams
Unless you have not revised and babbling crap- please stop no- one wants to know. Thank you

Thanks for the confidence boost.

I agree with that haha
Hey everyone. Good luck for tomorrow.

Can anyone help with this question of mine really quickly?
I know it has something to do with completing the square.
(It's question 2 from the Solomon Paper B)
help

how do u prove the sum of an arithmetic series
Original post by geokid1
Yeah that is the bit I am confused about. How the x^3/2 just went away? And how it became 2SquarerootC/3 = 4/3. Thank you for your patience!

Haha that's no problem at all! I've gone through the whole of what coefficients are as I'm not sure how much detail you know already.

image.jpg

Hopefully this makes more sense!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending