Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Mathematics: Core C1 6663 17th May 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the 2017 Edexcel C1 exam?
    Very Easy
    9.05%
    Easy
    13.36%
    Average
    30.12%
    Hard
    34.36%
    Very Hard
    13.11%

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the question for 6 (or maybe 5)? It was the one where x=-1 and x=3. Did we have to work our y as i didnt and now im worried?

EDIT: also does anyone know if we had to say c>0 as it says in the question that it was a positive constant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpkrowe)
    Does anyone have the question for 6 (or maybe 5)? It was the one where x=-1 and x=3. Did we have to work our y as i didnt and now im worried?

EDIT: also does anyone know if we had to say c>0 as it says in the question that it was a positive constant?
    Yea the x value are -1 and 3
    yea we had to say c>0 etc and draw a graph etc

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the question for 6 (or maybe 5)? It was the one where x=-1 and x=3. Did we have to work our y as i didn't and now im worried?

I didn't because y= 2^x. The original equation has x's in it if I recall correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke7456)
    Yeah so easy to make mistakes that is the thing like if I made no mistakes I have 72 ums but I think I kade lots of mistakes I saw different answers here I don't want to k really don't want to focus questions or see working I just want to convince myself I got an A and move on with good moral to the next paper I'm scared I got worse but hey can pick up a few marks in the other modules I mean S1 and M1 should be good and I am capable of getting A grade s in C2 C3 C4 worse case scenario I just scrapped a b would be shocked if it was worse then that. 10 ums won't be hard to make up.

I am really glad everyone is saying it was so hard I don't want to be a **** just hoping for a low grade curve so to speak but I think everyone always wants that.

I guess we will see. Between M1 M2 S1 S2 I am bound to pick up two 90s so I can afford a bit of a full on the core modules as I need A grades but really wanted to nail everything then I get he A* and high scores go to further maths but that probs won't happen.

I guess I should distress worst case scenario I got A B grade which won't ruin me if I can make up for it in other modules.
    To get an A* in Maths, I swear you have to get 480 UMS overall with a total of 180 UMS for C3 and C4?

ReputationRep:
    ANYONE CAN PLEASE EXPLAIN to ME WHAT BEARING ANGLES ARE?

ReputationRep:
    equal to last years paper. I expect similar grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke7456)
    probably
    69 for an A
    64/65 for a B
    60+ for a C
    55 D
    50 E
    anything below 50 =U
    That is the most horrendous set of grade bouandires I have ever seen, if that's the case half the students that took that exam will receive a fat U grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tripplea)
    To get an A* in Maths, I swear you have to get 480 UMS overall with a total of 180 UMS for C3 and C4?
    I mistyped I meant if I had made no mistakes I have 72 out of 75 not UMS that would be high 90s if that was the case but it probably isn't.

you are right on the 480 and 180 in C3 and C4 I think I can hit 90 in C3 provided I have it on the day and no silly mistakes C4 maybe not I was thinking after the 24th I will focus heavily on C3 C4.

I think after calming down and thinking rationally that I got 85 UMS worst case 75 best case Low 90s.
    Im allocating myself 85 for the grade predictor though. so if I can secure 85 in C2 as well I will score 90 in S1 and M1.
    which will give me a total of 350 leaving C3 and C4 which will need 65 between them which is middle C grades I will try and push for the A* though. I think C3 at least an A grade C4 still up in the air.

Fp1 lucky to get a C grade FP2 E grade. now M2 D1 and S2 are all going to come in high. so 90 for those which means 270+60+40=370 Meaning I will need to get 50 which is D in S3/S4 but I think I can squeeze an A out in one of those so 270+80+60+40=450 Spose if I can pull up the some FP1 to a B a grade and somehow pull FP2 to a D grade then pick up loose scraps like 92 instead of 90 etc I might be able to just scrape A*A* maybe might.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I just posted a thread with video worked solutions i found online for C1
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4719948

ReputationRep:
    Found C1 edexcel and aqa paper online. Message me for a copy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowfire123)
    Yea the x value are -1 and 3
    yea we had to say c>0 etc and draw a graph etc
    Sorry what i mean is did we have to say 0<c<5-2root3 and c>5+2root3

ReputationRep:
    you mean the proof that (C-5)^2 <12 then 12 dont remember the exact details but I got that right for sure that was easy you just applied the discriminant if it has two roots then the discriminant has to be >0 so take part B and which is the CX and the X bit we had CX -5 or whatever it was put that in brackets then -4AC etc.

I was very anxious when I did it then just thought take it step by step and wrote out each thing and suddenly realized i had arrived at the answer without realizing it etc.

I saw someone putting X=3 and X=-1 and thought **** then I remembered where that was from and know i got that right in a different question,

I really think I might have done this I might have passed the A grade boundary I am feeling so much better now.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the k= 75 question? 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rihannaturk)
    How many marks was the k= 75 question? 3?
    It was 3 marks for part i and ii so if you got either wrong you'd lose 1 and maybe 2? Not sure how they're planning on splitting the marks there

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

(Original post by NotKidding)
    It was 3 marks for part i and ii so if you got either wrong you'd lose 1 and maybe 2? Not sure how they're planning on splitting the marks there

ReputationRep:
    When is it possible to resit? I felt I did ok but I've just gone through the solutions and realised I messed up some questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mojan Eva)
    When is it possible to resit? I felt I did ok but I've just gone through the solutions and realised I messed up some questions.
    We can only resit in June now not Jan anymore so may/ June time next year.

But if you can do well in your other exams or the grade curve is low you might be alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djgdcjhd\cg)
    Found C1 edexcel and aqa paper online. Message me for a copy.
    Could you send them me?

ReputationRep:
    smh it better not be

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.