Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Mathematics: Core C1 6663 17th May 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the 2017 Edexcel C1 exam?
    Very Easy
    9.05%
    Easy
    13.36%
    Average
    30.12%
    Hard
    34.36%
    Very Hard
    13.11%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    The good news is...EVERY question in the upcoming c2 exam would have been repeated from a past paper, R paper or IAL. Past papers go back to 2005. R papers are 2 papers. IAL start from jan 14. GL!!!! XD
    Yes exactly that

(Original post by maneet_23)
    im definitely gonna have a wonderful and jam-packed weekend lol good luck!!
    LOL where is the nutella?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Last year it was considered an easy paper. We could very well be seeing a much harder paper this year.
    no no no please dont say that, i need to get into uni this year lol

ReputationRep:
    no no no please dont say that, i need to get into uni this year lol

so do I - but you know it will hard- we just gotta keep pushing forward andnot looking backwards-

what has happned has happened -the future is what we do..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph9299)
    Have you guys noticed, they changed the style of the questions- no simultaneous equations, transformations of graphs, the order was messed up - they just chucking in questions from reserve papers that havent been used , they will do same for c2 i guess
    so you have noticed aswell- I dont get that either- they didnt not put it in C1 but put a few C2 question in that.
    y=2 to the power x etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowfire123)
    Yes exactly that

LOL where is the nutella?
    100% making my way to tescos for it on friday evening lol

ReputationRep:
    Lool i was just thinking of doing that
    are you a mind reader? :eyeball::lolz:

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to know how to prove the rules of logs? (e.g. proof of logXY = logX + logY)

ReputationRep:
    Here take this the unofficial solved mark scheme !!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzSycaekJxU
    RescorlaMaths

ReputationRep:
    The good news is...EVERY question in the upcoming c2 exam would have been repeated from a past paper, R paper or IAL. Past papers go back to 2005. R papers are 2 papers. IAL start from jan 14. GL!!!! XD
    why is it going to be questions that have already come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usernamef)
    why is it going to be questions that have already come up?
    Because it is every year. Even the recent C1 paper. Everything has come up before (the same concept), expect for the C is a positive constant thing.

ReputationRep:
    Because it is every year. Even the recent C1 paper. Everything has come up before (the same concept), expect for the C is a positive constant thing.
    Not necessarily.. I done an FP1 paper today written by edexcel but it is a further maths module and about 2 new questions came up which I have never came across ever before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erin14)
    Not necessarily.. I done an FP1 paper today written by edexcel but it is a further maths module and about 2 new questions came up which I have never came across ever before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, M3 was a bit dodgy too! C4 they can ask more stuff like intergration by inspection and in C3 they've NEVER asked about the factor formulas/proof by contradiction, etc.
    But for c1/c2/s1/m1....i can't see anything out of the ordinary coming up!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where the C2 Thread is?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, M3 was a bit dodgy too! C4 they can ask more stuff like intergration by inspection and in C3 they've NEVER asked about the factor formulas/proof by contradiction, etc.
    I can't see proof by contradiction ever coming up. Purely because they know it's just a waste of marks that they could use to add some more discriminating questions to the paper. It's like with S1 last year where there wasn't a lot of theory as there usually is. The applied modules have more scope for weird questions though

ReputationRep:
    The factor formulae are not on the spec.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crashMATHS)
    The factor formulae are not on the spec.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought they were on the spec for C3? That's why they're in the formula book for the exam. I'm so confused. Do we have to learn it or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    I thought they were on the spec for C3? That's why they're in the formula book for the exam. I'm so confused. Do we have to learn it or not?
    They were left in the formula book from an older specification. If you check the Edexcel specification, there is no mention of the factor formulae. It may be useful to do a bit of practice with them, but they're not directly examinable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowfire123)
    Anyone know where the C2 Thread is?
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

Scared to even go on this thread and look at all the qs people are asking and realising I can't do them

ReputationRep:
    you can dw ))))))
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

Scared to even go on this thread and look at all the qs people are asking and realising I can't do them

ReputationRep:
    http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...s/c2-by-topic/

for edexcel c2
    whats the difference between set 1 and set 2?
    is set 1 just broken down into each topic??

anyone????

maneet_23

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.