Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i got 5 A's in my gcse's and six B's. i got an A in maths and a B in english language. I was just wondering if my grades are high enough to get into Kings or even UCL because i have heard that they only take people with like six A *'s or higher and with like barely any B's

ReputationRep:
    Considering Cambridge have students with about 4-5 A* at GCSE, I doubt Kings College will. I think straight As will get you in easy

ReputationRep:
    I heard similar chat like that with regards to kings and ucl throwing an application with less than 7 a*s away, but now I'm thinking that's probably not true. Provided you get your predicted grades, so generally speaking aaa or a*aa and have a decent personal statement and interview if applicable you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustPadz)
    I heard similar chat like that with regards to kings and ucl throwing an application with less than 7 a*s away, but now I'm thinking that's probably not true. Provided you get your predicted grades, so generally speaking aaa or a*aa and have a decent personal statement and interview if applicable you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustPadz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thankssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uka_qwer)
    i got 5 A's in my gcse's and six B's. i got an A in maths and a B in english language. I was just wondering if my grades are high enough to get into Kings or even UCL because i have heard that they only take people with like six A *'s or higher and with like barely any B's
    What course is this? Context matters. The above is true for medicine

ReputationRep:
    Despite what people think, KCL is not really that selective, probably the least selective out of the top London unis. You should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    My friend got in with an A in math, but a C and D in English Language/English Lit respectively. You're fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    What course is this? Context matters. The above is true for medicine
    im applying for biochemistry, do you think i could get in with my GCSE grades??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    My friend got in with an A in math, but a C and D in English Language/English Lit respectively. You're fine.
    Thats a relief thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    im applying for biochemistry, do you think i could get in with my GCSE grades??
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Forbwhat course? What a levels were they doing?

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, my friend got 1A*, 5A's, 4B's and got an offer from KCL for Economics; however, he got rejected by UCL. From this, I draw a conclusion that UCL is far more selective, but, again, it all depends on the course you are applying to (for example, Economics in UCL is better and mote competitive course that its equivalent in KCL).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikita_2313)
    Despite what people think, KCL is not really that selective, probably the least selective out of the top London unis. You should be fine!
    Erm... Kings has 10 applicants per place. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wik...etition_Ratios

I know a guy who got 6 A*s at GCSE, a 750 in the UKCAT and then rejected from KCL.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a relief thank youuu
    No problemo
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    Forbwhat course? What a levels were they doing?
    Math, Chemistry and Biology -- he got BBE in his AS, with a C in History, but he didn't have to state his Biology grade due to the new reforms. The B's though were very close to A's.
    Oh, and Pharmacology -- he got in, even without an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    Erm... Kings has 10 applicants per place. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wik...etition_Ratios

I know a guy who got 6 A*s at GCSE, a 750 in the UKCAT and then rejected from KCL.
    As I said later in my second post, it all depends on the course.

ReputationRep:

According to this, Brighton has 18 applicants per place, does it mean it is better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikita_2313)
    According to this, Brighton has 18 applicants per place, does it mean it is better?
    No it doesn't - fair point.

But on what grounds do you call KCL "not really selective"?

ReputationRep:
    No problemo

Math, Chemistry and Biology -- he got BBE in his AS, with a C in History, but he didn't have to state his Biology grade due to the new reforms. The B's though were very close to A's.
    Oh, and Pharmacology -- he got in, even without an interview
    Is he predicted As?

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't - fair point.

But on what grounds do you call KCL "not really selective"?
    Some of my friends managed to get into KCL, but not UCL/LSE for the same course (One applied for Economics, another applied for History). Both had good grades but far from stellar, similar to OP.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.