Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get over a missed opportunity? Watch

So I've liked this guy for a long time now and I'm pretty sure he likes me too however, our circumstances have changed and we are no longer in eachothers lives but I'm really struggling to forget about him. I really regret being to shy to do anything about it when I had the chance. How do I get over this regret?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I've liked this guy for a long time now and I'm pretty sure he likes me too however, our circumstances have changed and we are no longer in eachothers lives but I'm really struggling to forget about him. I really regret being to shy to do anything about it when I had the chance. How do I get over this regret?
    What happened? Do you see him anymore?

(Original post by \\\)
    What happened? Do you see him anymore?
    He's just moved away so I don't think I'll see him again or at least not anytime soon.

Anyone with any advice? I feel really miserable because of all this and I feel like I've really missed out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyone with any advice? I feel really miserable because of all this and I feel like I've really missed out
    Learn from it. I have been in your shoes more times than I care to remember. Next time you feel this way you won't hold back as much.

You could still call him up and tell him, however. It's never too late to tell someone how you feel. Even if you can't be together, he will know and you will be glad you told him

You can either accept that it is life and opportunities will come and go, he won't be the last guy. And to be fair to you he has also let the opportunity slip so don't feel like the whole situation is on you.

Or you use social media or if you have his number give him a call and if you feel it's worth it get after him aha.

ReputationRep:
    You can still keep in contact? Maybe even tell him how you feel now

(Original post by AB25)
    Learn from it. I have been in your shoes more times than I care to remember. Next time you feel this way you won't hold back as much.

You could still call him up and tell him, however. It's never too late to tell someone how you feel. Even if you can't be together, he will know and you will be glad you told him
    I know I definitely won't let myself do this again. We didn't know each other well enough for me to keep in contact with him which makes it worse

(Original post by Kiimii)
    You can still keep in contact? Maybe even tell him how you feel now
    I don't have his number or any way to keep in contact now or I probably would just tell him because I hate that I've kept quiet.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.