Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I got a call yesterday offering me a weekend position at Greggs (very happy), but I told the woman on the phone that before I accept I have some concerns about holiday and whether I can make up for being away at the weekend by working during the week during school holidays etc. because I go away a lot. She said she would phone the manager at the shop and then phone me back. It's the next day and I have no call back and left a voicemail at about 4pm. Should I be worried?? I really don't want to miss out an opportunity and don't know if they're always busy at recruitment/take a long time to get back to you and if I'll annoy them by phoning every day. In the voicemail I said I wanted to accept the job and whether I could discuss holiday and other concerns with the manager at the induction (which she didn't mention to me). Does anyone who works at Greggs know how long they take to get back to you about the induction after they offer you a job?

ReputationRep:
    Did you mention the fact that you go away alot at your interview?
    If you didn't they could have potentially revoked the offer... It's not just about you making up the hours during the week. If you're weekend staff they expect you to be there on the weekends...If not someone else (probably weekday staff) has to have their hours messed about to cover you.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your job offer.

Out of interest, have you noticed just how many threads about jobs and offers and working conditions at Greggs there are on TSR? It seems a very popular employer

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.