Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My sixth form enforced a strict rule that has been irritated everyone in my year and has been going on for a week now. The rule is that we are unable to go to this study room that is dedicated for doing any independent work and there are tables, computers and stationery that will help us do any work.

They have closed it at break, which is around 20-25 mins, and before school starts. As I live quite far from my school, I like going to that specified room to do my work and be able to concentrate more effectively. They decided to close it LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO AND I AM WONDERING WTF.

The annoying teacher, whom is deputy head of Year 12, said the reason they closed it is because some people stole some hard-drive from the computers. Please, tell me how that makes any sense. They didn't close it last year so why do they have the need to close it when we have our mocks in a couple of weeks and the deputy head of year 12 will be like 'Oh sorry you can't come here. Run along'. I honestly do not understand why she is getting so gassed when everyone hates her.

I need help in what do I do to tell my school to eradicate the rule. Sorry I wrote too much it's just that I am actually contemplating on how dumb this rule is. Plus, we can't even eat in the study place when the years above us and beyond were allowed. It's like they hate us. Gosh.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The annoying teacher, whom is deputy head of Year 12, said the reason they closed it is because some people stole some hard-drive from the computers. Please, tell me how that makes any sense..
    That makes a lot of sense actually. Stealing hard drives is pretty bad, so you'd want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Dunno why you'd want a hard drive from a school computer that's set up for weird networking shenanigans and authoritarian account controls like but hey.

ReputationRep:
    Why should a room be left open when people have been stealing from it? And why should you be allowed to eat whatever you fancy around computer equipment - the prohibition of food and drink in computer rooms is a fairly standard rule.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.