Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Two identical elastic springs PQ and QR have a natural length L and modulus of elasticity 2mg. The springs are joined together at Q. Their other ends , P and R , are attached to fixed points , with P being 4L vertically above R. A particle of mass m is attached at Q and hangs at rest in equilibrium. Find the distance of the particle below P.

So i managed to solve this question assuming QR was stretched at start , but lets say PQ is stretched at start ,it didnt work with me , am i doing it wrong or does that mean QR was actually stretched at first? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nonamebzja)
    Two identical elastic springs PQ and QR have a natural length L and modulus of elasticity 2mg. The springs are joined together at Q. Their other ends , P and R , are attached to fixed points , with P being 4L vertically above R. A particle of mass m is attached at Q and hangs at rest in equilibrium. Find the distance of the particle below P.

So i managed to solve this question assuming QR was stretched at start , but lets say PQ is stretched at start ,it didnt work with me , am i doing it wrong or does that mean QR was actually stretched at first? Thanks
    Hi I think you might have posted this in the wrong forum? You might get better luck in the Maths help forum

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 4, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.