Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Haven't used this app for a couple of months now but want to see how people are getting on with a levels? I really enjoy acting and was always unsure about whether to pick a levels nearby or a drama school? I chose a levels as I think it broadens my horizons more but now idk if I regret it half way through because I am struggling to stay focused in lessons & i feel bottom of the class! Do I follow my acting dream or pursue a levels? P.S I don't do drama a level and they don't offer it😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What you studying pal? :holmes:

(Original post by J0333)
    Haven't used this app for a couple of months now but want to see how people are getting on with a levels? I really enjoy acting and was always unsure about whether to pick a levels nearby or a drama school? I chose a levels as I think it broadens my horizons more but now idk if I regret it half way through because I am struggling to stay focused in lessons & i feel bottom of the class! Do I follow my acting dream or pursue a levels? P.S I don't do drama a level and they don't offer it😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    What you studying pal? :holmes:
    a level geography, media and English lit and Lang, I just feel really stupid sometimes in class cos I'm not as good as the rest and idk what my true dream is😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0333)
    a level geography, media and English lit and Lang, I just feel really stupid sometimes in class cos I'm not as good as the rest and idk what my true dream is😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you considered joining a local drama class or an amateur theatre group? Since you like acting it might be worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered joining a local drama class or an amateur theatre group? Since you like acting it might be worthwhile.
    I already do, I had to give a class up though as I recently got an evening job

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0333)
    I already do, I had to give a class up though as I recently got an evening job

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I see, what are your other passions in life?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, what are your other passions in life?
    I'm not really sure tbh aha, I'm quite boring😂 I guess that's my only great passion as such😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0333)
    I'm not really sure tbh aha, I'm quite boring😂 I guess that's my only great passion as such😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You sound like me when I first started AS and here I am regretting the choices I made and having to switch to new subjects. I'd say you could go into writing?

ReputationRep:
    You sound like me when I first started AS and here I am regretting the choices I made and having to switch to new subjects. I'd say you could go into writing?
    Perhaps, id love to be like a script writer for a show or something ahah, I'm good at English language but hate lit, just had to do it as it's a combined subject:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0333)
    Perhaps, id love to be like a script writer for a show or something ahah, I'm good at English language but hate lit, just had to do it as it's a combined subject:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do script writing on the side, used to be my ambition but sort of lost the love for it. Ah I do English Literature and Language as separate subjects, prefer Language any day to be honest. I'm sure in Media you may write a script or come up with a film idea? Then you can build up a portfolio and maybe enter a script writing competition or use the BBC Writersroom

ReputationRep:
    I do script writing on the side, used to be my ambition but sort of lost the love for it. Ah I do English Literature and Language as separate subjects, prefer Language any day to be honest. I'm sure in Media you may write a script or come up with a film idea? Then you can build up a portfolio and maybe enter a script writing competition or use the BBC Writersroom
    Yeah I guess! Just lacking enthusiasm with college right now and just can't focus! Falling behind with most stuff there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0333)
    Yeah I guess! Just lacking enthusiasm with college right now and just can't focus! Falling behind with most stuff there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Won't lie, I'm going through that now but what you need to do is work out how behind you are, how easy or hard it will be to catch up and figure out what work you need to prioritise.

ReputationRep:
    Won't lie, I'm going through that now but what you need to do is work out how behind you are, how easy or hard it will be to catch up and figure out what work you need to prioritise.
    Yeah I'll try my hardest! Whatever I learn just goes over my head ahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.