The Student Room Group

Revision timetable

I'm finding myself at February now understanding nothing in class, I want to revise more and understand yet my concentration is bad! Any tips and could someone help me make a revision timetable? Thanks😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
You could turn off your wifi when it's time to study, that tends to distract me when I want to be productive. So if you tell yourself you'll do a subject for 2 hours, just sit down and do that and make sure not to look at your phone.

Also you could download this app called BeFocused and it uses something called the Pomodoro technique. Basically, you study for 25 minutes, break 5 minutes, study for 25, break 5 and so on. After 4 of these 25 minute sessions you get a long break (20 mins to half an hour, up to you). I just started doing this technique for January mocks and it really seems to be quite effective.

If you're having problems understanding the content I suggest to see your teacher about it because if you don't understand what's being said it's will be difficult to try and apply what you've learnt in the exam. So get that out of the way first, then sit down and make notes. Always keep practicing.

It's not too late!! Just crack at it, you'll be fine.

Also, if you want a timetable made for you, there's a website part of the student room that can do it for you called GetRevising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do yourself a favour and don't make a revision timetable. I spent hours making one and it was awesome, but I never used it. It was basically procrastination at its finest.
Do you have to do others things? Then don't study.

Should you study? Then don't study.
Original post by YoloBaggins00
Do yourself a favour and don't make a revision timetable. I spent hours making one and it was awesome, but I never used it. It was basically procrastination at its finest.

Same actually. I just sort of set what I'm going to study as I go along. Though some of my friends have study timetables and it seems to work for them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by amelienine
You could turn off your wifi when it's time to study, that tends to distract me when I want to be productive. So if you tell yourself you'll do a subject for 2 hours, just sit down and do that and make sure not to look at your phone.

Also you could download this app called BeFocused and it uses something called the Pomodoro technique. Basically, you study for 25 minutes, break 5 minutes, study for 25, break 5 and so on. After 4 of these 25 minute sessions you get a long break (20 mins to half an hour, up to you). I just started doing this technique for January mocks and it really seems to be quite effective.

If you're having problems understanding the content I suggest to see your teacher about it because if you don't understand what's being said it's will be difficult to try and apply what you've learnt in the exam. So get that out of the way first, then sit down and make notes. Always keep practicing.

It's not too late!! Just crack at it, you'll be fine.

Also, if you want a timetable made for you, there's a website part of the student room that can do it for you called GetRevising.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! Yeah I just want good grades & I just feel bottom of the class! I'm going to get really motivated and on top of things, or at least give it my best shot! I also did use that GetRevising thing but didn't finish it😩😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by YoloBaggins00

Ah I see😧 I just don't know what technique works with me😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by ammd
Hi
Are you studying GCSE's at the moment or A-Levels? Personally, I cant survive without revision timetables and find myself using them all the time. I used them throughout GCSE and am currently using them during A- Level. If I didnt use one in GCSE, I believe I would not have got the grades I got. However some people argue the opposite and believe using a revision timetable can be overwhelming and cause you to become more stressed when you don't follow it. Funnily enough I just posted a thread asking if people still use them. If you decide to make one and need any help or just want to ask any questions feel free to private message me and I will happily respond.

Good luck

Thanks! Yeah sounds good! I'm AS level rn:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending