Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my boyfriend's flatmate likes him Watch

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I are in our first year of university and we are in a long distance relationship. We are both very much in love with each other and I'm so so happy. However, his female flatmate definitely likes him. I've met her a few times and the way she looks and talks to him just knocks me sick. She posted a Snapchat of him last night after he'd spent a week with me with love heart emojis on it. She's not physically tried anything with him or tried messaging him but it just bothers me. I am not worried about my boyfriend in the slightest, I know for a fact he's not interested and hes completely oblivious to it tbh. I just don't know how to handle it. I don't want to confront her, I just want to be nice to her but equally piss her off and get her to stop trying to hit on him. What should I do??

ReputationRep:
    Must be really annoying to have that nagging away in the back of your mind. But since you are a long way away and she hasn't tried to make any moves, I think the best thing is to try and grit your teeth and try and ignore it.

If you trust him, he'll be innocent and loyal enough not to betray you in any way. Perhaps you could try and visit more often if possible, just to remind him you're still there, just out of sight? (Of course, don't go just to 'check-up' or spy on him - that'll only make him suspicious).

Honestly, if you think it wouldn't make things awkward between them too much then you could tell your bf how you feel? Being open about it seems like the best thing to do (as it usually is in good relationships) - it'll only make him cherish you more, since you care so much Just give him a heads up (and perhaps a friendly threat, because why not? ) Hope you manage to shake off that feeling of ever-so-slight jealousy (you have every right to be! )

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.