The Student Room Group

Accredited or not accredited BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES???

I want to transfer universities for point 2 entry. The one I am at currently is accredited for biomedical sciences but the one i want to transfer is not accredited. I want to do graduate medicine (4 year course), therefore; will it be important for my biomedical sciences degree to be accredited or not?
Reply 1
Original post by ebruxoxo
I want to transfer universities for point 2 entry. The one I am at currently is accredited for biomedical sciences but the one i want to transfer is not accredited. I want to do graduate medicine (4 year course), therefore; will it be important for my biomedical sciences degree to be accredited or not?

Depends on what kind of person you are. If it was me I would keep to the accredited programme because it's a smarter option. Yes medicine is nice. However, no one is guaranteed a place. It's best to have a second and third option in life. Don't be one of those students who's life depends on a medical school offer.

Doesn't an accredited degree only matter if you want to be a clinical scientist in the NHS?
Reply 3
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Doesn't an accredited degree only matter if you want to be a clinical scientist in the NHS?

That is what i was thinking, and i do not want to be a clinical scientist but im not sure if it would help my application look better maybe?
That is what i was thinking, and i do not want to be a clinical scientist but im not sure if it would help my application look better maybe?

It really won't matter, honestly.

GAMSAT and UKCAT matter the most
Reply 5
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
It really won't matter, honestly.

GAMSAT and UKCAT matter the most

Thank you! Do you have any tips for the UKCAT? ive done it before, my situational judgement is really bad though.
Thank you! Do you have any tips for the UKCAT? ive done it before, my situational judgement is really bad though.

All you can do is practise

Quick Reply

Latest