Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I have finished my A-Levels with the grades ABB and I'm currently studying on an art foundation course. BUT I want to quit and go travelling for a couple months instead and then work in summer. I have applied to do animation at degree and have my interviews coming up in Feb although they usually require that I pass foundation to prevent people from dropping out and doing nothing. SO is it likely I can get an unconditional offer and go travelling instead?? HELP

Also if I mention I want to quit art foundation in an interview is it bad??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katej12)
    Okay so I have finished my A-Levels with the grades ABB and I'm currently studying on an art foundation course. BUT I want to quit and go travelling for a couple months instead and then work in summer. I have applied to do animation at degree and have my interviews coming up in Feb although they usually require that I pass foundation to prevent people from dropping out and doing nothing. SO is it likely I can get an unconditional offer and go travelling instead?? HELP

It is pretty unlikely you'll get an unconditional offer. Do what I did and go travelling during a gap year and deffer your entry
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katej12)

Not an expert on art foundation/ animation, but generally universities do require you to complete your current qualifications. I would wait until you've got an offer (don't say it in the interview), then if it is unconditional perhaps ask the university then if they would allow you to quit the art foundation course - although perhaps don't say you just want to go travelling, perhaps say you want to spend the time working on a particularly cool animation-related project/ get some work experience/ family issues.

You haven't got that much longer left of the course though - is it really that bad to stick it out and go travelling over the summer? If you have a long Easter vacation you could even do some travelling then too, there's probably only a couple of months of actual teaching left

Also, as others have said, there's no rush - you could always ask to defer your entry and take a gap year after your art foundation course

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.