Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ever had a 'Rock Star' moment?... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Most wild thing that's happened to me I think, over 5 years ago now... I was with a group of mates, we'd all had a bit to drink. One of them is half Indian and some idiot made a racist remark as we walked past, so my mate charged him without a moment's thought. Then his mates jumped in, so of course we jumped in too. I leveled the guy I got into it with and then I turned to see this guy in black grab hold of my mate from behind, so I run up and boot him in the side... then this other guy grabs me, pushes me up against the wall and starts handcuffing me for assaulting a police officer :rofl: So yeah, the guy I just booted was a policeman trying to pull my mate away, but it was dark so I couldn't see well and he wasn't wearing a hi vis.

We were taken back to the station, but the overnight cells there were full so we got driven 45 f***ing minutes away to another station. Then in the morning they chucked us out and we had to pay our own train fare home. An overall expensive and very messy night :lol:
    You got away with assaulting a police officer?

Holy ****
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drez999)
    Hot chocolate?

Now you are speaking my language!

My homemade recipe...

1. 10 ounces full fat milk
    2. 1 Cadbury 'Flake'
    3. Combine and heat gently
    4. Sip slowly and enjoy every sensation
    5. Drink responsibly
    raise you that with my super luxury praline

1) get a latte glass
    2) add 3 teaspoons of whittard of chelsea white choc praline hot choc powder
    3)add semi-skimmed milk till near the top
    4) microwave it for just under a minute
    5) stirr undissolved powder
    6) add 1-2 thornton alpini chocolate (to taste) and stir thoroughly and gently untill the molten chocolate has dissolved in the milk (if still solids, place back in micro for 20-30 seconds)
    7) grab some creamy chocolate icecream / praline icecream and scoop a couple of teaspoons on top
    8) enjoy at your own leasure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    You got away with assaulting a police officer?

Holy ****
    Pretty much I explained straight away that I didn't realise he was an officer and was just trying to protect my friend and he acknowledged he should have had a hi vis jacket on as it was dark, plus we had witnesses to say that the other guys were being racist so everything considered they just chucked us in the cells for the night to sober up.

ReputationRep:
    I was recently up till 8pm and considering my bedtime is 6pm, my mum was not happy and told me to get my act together LOL XDXDXDXDXD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    raise you that with my super luxury praline

1) get a soho late glass
    2) add 3 teaspoons of whittard of chelsea white choc praline hot choc powder
    3)add semi-skimmed milk till near the top
    4) microwave it for just under a minute
    5) stirr undissolved powder
    6) add 1-2 thornton alpini chocolate (to taste) and stir thoroughly and gently untill the molten chocolate has dissolved in the milk (if still solids, place back in micro for 20-30 seconds)
    7) grab some creamy chocolate icecream / praline icecream and scoop a couple of teaspoons on top
    8) enjoy at your own leasure

Please excuse me whilst I vomit into my "late glass".
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Please excuse me whilst I vomit into my "late glass".
    whats wrong with praline? and yh, my keyboard (and laptop for that matter) are slowly dying so I am aware it should say latte
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    I'm glad you're still alive after getting lost in The North... :afraid:
    Omg I love it up north, I want to live there tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie_Rotten1)
    I was recently up till 8pm and considering my bedtime is 6pm, my mum was not happy and told me to get my act together LOL XDXDXDXDXD
    what a lad XD

ReputationRep:
    passed out and spent the night sleeping outside near a beach after getting lost at a beach/ sand dunes party

or drinking far too much and cutting all my hair off with scissors and a razor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanJ42)
    passed out and spent the night sleeping outside near a beach after getting lost at a beach/ sand dunes party

or drinking far too much and cutting all my hair off with scissors and a razor
    Wow.

You sound like a real cool dude/dudette.

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten up on stage to do backing vocals for a band before, so uhh... yeah, kind of a literal "rock star moment" I guess. Although I'd had a few by that point and my singing was probably awful.

Although if we're talking getting shitfaced and doing stupid ****, I have no end to those kind of moments, which is one of the reasons I don't drink as often any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    I've gotten up on stage to do backing vocals for a band before, so uhh... yeah, kind of a literal "rock star moment" I guess. Although I'd had a few by that point and my singing was probably awful.

Although if we're talking getting shitfaced and doing stupid ****, I have no end to those kind of moments, which is one of the reasons I don't drink as often any more.
    "No end", sounds interesting DP.... do spill

Chop chop amigo...

ReputationRep:
    "No end", sounds interesting DP.... do spill

Chop chop amigo...
    Most involve passing out, or being so drunk I can barely stand up yet still manage to smash everyone at pool. Most I can't remember :awesome:

Though we did once manage to get everyone in the pub singing along to The Wild Rover, a moment which will forever live in my mind.

First time I got pissed I was about 16/17, went round my mates' house with far too many people, everyone got pissed. At least half of everyone in attendance, myself included, puked that night. In the kitchen, in the bathroom, in the living room, in the garden (the chick whose house it was later described it as "a moat of sick around my house". Said moat was from just one person. She was so glad it pissed hard with rain the next day).

Not really a rock star moment, but I did manage to be unable to sit up in a chair with arms in another pub at one point. That was my 19th, I think. Someone had the bright idea of giving me some absinthe after I'd finished off my 10th pint. Apparently it wasn't the last lot of absinthe I had that night, I'm not surprised I can't remember getting home.

On another occasion I woke up in my room, fully clothed (boots and all), still wearing my backpack, and I had two traffic cones in my room. How I got two back I have no idea, how I managed to get them up the stairs without waking everyone up is another mystery. But even if I was completely out of my box, mum always said that I stealthed back in like a ninja.

I also fell asleep in my porch once. Couldn't get my key in the door because I couldn't find the keyhole (it was light out by this point, about 5am) and decided that, seeing as I can't get upstairs to sleep in my bed, I may as well sleep in the porch. My porch isn't that big; you can get two people standing up in there, and it's a squeeze at that :lol:

So yeah, these aren't really rock star moments. Just amusing anecdotes.

I'll tell you what though. I wasn't there for this, but I wish I had been. One of my mates once got so off his trolley (which reminds me; I've also been pushed down many a hill in a trolley whilst pissed. Why it's always me who has to go in the trolley, I don't know. Guess I was the only one with the balls to do so) that he decided to climb a church in an attempt to, and I quote, "bring down Christianity". I think he got stuck on the steeple :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I played bass in my school's battle of the bands. I didn't **** up the bass solo and people cheered at the end. I felt like a rockstar. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Most involve passing out, or being so drunk I can barely stand up yet still manage to smash everyone at pool. Most I can't remember :awesome:

Though we did once manage to get everyone in the pub singing along to The Wild Rover, a moment which will forever live in my mind.

First time I got pissed I was about 16/17, went round my mates' house with far too many people, everyone got pissed. At least half of everyone in attendance, myself included, puked that night. In the kitchen, in the bathroom, in the living room, in the garden (the chick whose house it was later described it as "a moat of sick around my house". Said moat was from just one person. She was so glad it pissed hard with rain the next day).

Not really a rock star moment, but I did manage to be unable to sit up in a chair with arms in another pub at one point. That was my 19th, I think. Someone had the bright idea of giving me some absinthe after I'd finished off my 10th pint. Apparently it wasn't the last lot of absinthe I had that night, I'm not surprised I can't remember getting home.

On another occasion I woke up in my room, fully clothed (boots and all), still wearing my backpack, and I had two traffic cones in my room. How I got two back I have no idea, how I managed to get them up the stairs without waking everyone up is another mystery. But even if I was completely out of my box, mum always said that I stealthed back in like a ninja.

I also fell asleep in my porch once. Couldn't get my key in the door because I couldn't find the keyhole (it was light out by this point, about 5am) and decided that, seeing as I can't get upstairs to sleep in my bed, I may as well sleep in the porch. My porch isn't that big; you can get two people standing up in there, and it's a squeeze at that :lol:

So yeah, these aren't really rock star moments. Just amusing anecdotes.

I'll tell you what though. I wasn't there for this, but I wish I had been. One of my mates once got so off his trolley (which reminds me; I've also been pushed down many a hill in a trolley whilst pissed. Why it's always me who has to go in the trolley, I don't know. Guess I was the only one with the balls to do so) that he decided to climb a church in an attempt to, and I quote, "bring down Christianity". I think he got stuck on the steeple :lol:
    Funny and interesting tales - thanks made me chuckle hard.

Good at 'pool' huh?

How about a DP (aka the Trolley Ninja) vs Drez 3 0r 5 match with a wager? LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I played bass in my school's battle of the bands. I didn't **** up the bass solo and people cheered at the end. I felt like a rockstar. :cool:
    That's real cool.
    As is your avatar.

ReputationRep:
    Funny and interesting tales - thanks made me chuckle hard.

Good at 'pool' huh?

How about a DP (aka the Trolley Ninja) vs Drez 3 0r 5 match with a wager? LOL
    Oh mate, I'm rusty. And I'd need a few drinks in me (I play better after drinking, I don't know why. The pub tried to get me on their team but I only played for fun). My mate owns a pub but he's only got bar billiards (which is a great game in its own right), so my skills are gonna be tuned to that instead of pool (billiards is more of a "soft tap" game compared to pool).

ReputationRep:
    Oh mate, I'm rusty. And I'd need a few drinks in me (I play better after drinking, I don't know why. The pub tried to get me on their team but I only played for fun). My mate owns a pub but he's only got bar billiards (which is a great game in its own right), so my skills are gonna be tuned to that instead of pool (billiards is more of a "soft tap" game compared to pool).
    Don't worry amigo - I'm a little rusty too and my black graphite cue has hidden itself in my man cave for a number of years...

However, I am no chicken...

(LMAO)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.