Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eight-year-old girl killed in Yemen raid approved by Trump Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    That's not what you said before. Your exact words were;

If a Muslim kills another Muslim, they are not a Muslim

Of course, some of the "most Islamic" people in history have also been some of the biggest killers of other Muslims. Many of the early caliphs were knee-deep in the blood of other Muslims, as they engaged in brutal civil wars for control of the new Islamic empire. Are you going to say these "right-guided" Islamic caliphs were not Muslims?

Now let's get down to brass tacks. There is no such thing as Allah. Like all religions, Islam is man-made. And like all such man-made ideologies, the people at the top are characteristically power-hungry, violent, manipulative and greedy. Anyone who stands in their way doesn't just become their enemy, they become an "enemy of God". That's how religion has traditionally worked; it is an exercise of power and control, an exercise of the accumulation of wealth and prestige.

Saying that, by killing another Muslim, a Muslim ceases to become a Muslim, is not only contrary to the actions of some of the most revered Muslims in history, it also implies that there is some objective standard of behaviour set by heaven against which the people on earth are judged. Given Allah doesn't exist and it's all just made up, that is clearly not the case. Someone is a Muslim if they think of themselves as one and follow the determinative Five Pillars. That is all.
    Citation please?

Hey guys it's me. I'm going to quote some hard facts, don't worry you can trust me. Islam is true. Allah exists. Muhammad was the last prophet. These are true. Given that Allah exists, we should all convert to Islam. That is all.

(no I don't need to back up anything I say. I'll say what I want and you should all believe me)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpetguy)
    Citation please?
    You seem to be confused. A citation is a reference in an academic document, in an essay or in a book. This is a discussion forum.

But if you would like additional information, please feel free to point to a maximum of two points in my post and I will furnish you with further details.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.