Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just found out two of my exams for side rent subjects are on the same day.
    This wouldn't normally be a problem but I have one at the exam centre and the other somewhere else and its atleast a two hour hour drive.
    The first one is a morning exam which ranges from either 8:30-9:30 and the other is an afternoon exam that begains at around 1:30pm. The first exam is two hours long so I won't be done until 11:30. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Run?

Maybe if you get the school to contact the exam board, you can sit the exam board slightly earlier (so that the time of you finishing and the others starting overlaps, so you won't be able to tell anyone the answers) and the second one slightly later (same concept). A similar thing happened to one of my friends and thats what she did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiimii)
    Run?

Maybe if you get the school to contact the exam board, you can sit the exam board slightly earlier (so that the time of you finishing and the others starting overlaps, so you won't be able to tell anyone the answers) and the second one slightly later (same concept). A similar thing happened to one of my friends and thats what she did

hahah that made me laugh so hard! Trust me if it was close enough to run it wouldn't be a problem. I guess I should contact the exam boards to see if anything can be done. Maybe contact the exam centre (they can change the timings they apprently have the power)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matilda612)
    hahah that made me laugh so hard! Trust me if it was close enough to run it wouldn't be a problem. I guess I should contact the exam boards to see if anything can be done. Maybe contact the exam centre (they can change the timings they apprently have the power)
    Hopefully they will be able to!

what are side rent subjects by the way? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiimii)
    Hopefully they will be able to!

what are side rent subjects by the way? :P
    You know what? I have no idea
    But my auto correct might I'll ask it for you. If you want the original thing. I meant different subjects.

You could contact the centres or the exam board involved and explain this to them, they may let you sit the exam earlier but then again I'm not sure about that because for all they know you could tell people who haven't sat the exam the questions.

I'm sure something can be arranged.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Matilda612)
      You know what? I have no idea
      But my auto correct might I'll ask it for you. If you want the original thing. I meant different subjects.
      Oh right ahah, thought it was some exam level I'd never heard of before :')
      Autocorrects really helpful when its not messing up sentences

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.