Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I start uni in September. I live in Birmingham and am going to Liverpool, so it is around an hour and a half on the train. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 6 months ish and when I go to uni he will be staying in Birmingham (he's a year younger). I've seen loads of threads about long distance relationships with mixed opinions on whether they can work out or not however not many relate to couples where one is still living at home and wanted to see if anyone else experienced this situation and how it worked out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lfitz21)
    I start uni in September. I love in Birmingham and am going to Liverpool so it is around an hour and a half in the train. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 6 months ish and when I go to uni he will be staying in Birmingham (he's a year younger) I've seen loads of threads about long distance relationships with mixed opinions however not many relate to couples where one is still living at home and wanted to see if anyone else experienced this situation and how it worked out
    most peope like to go to uni single, so they can meet more people- and its just the way it is- many relationships fall and fail during freshers week- its a fact!

but it depends on you tbh, and how commited and serious you both are. If you trust eachother and want it work out then, yeah- go for it. 6 months isnt long though!

i went into seeing someone who lives around 6 hours away from me...and we're still together, so it really depends and if you both put the effort in, it'll work out! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, relationships often end when uni begins. Usually the girl (from my observations, in the people I know of anyway) decide they want to "be free" as they don't wanna suppress their urges and they get a lot of attention. Just take it on the chin, you will probably have a better time at uni sleeping around with more girls than if you were tied down in a ldr tbh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.