Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feeling low due to hair loss Watch

Well I have been having alopecia around my beard first, and now its started in my head, its not good. Im so upset by this, I just cant understand why its happening, my look is changing dramatically.

I cant do the bald look as im skinny and it doesnt look right. It always in my mind, sometimes I cant sleep.

The doctors say there's nothing they can do for alopecia, I just want it to stop but its not.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered trying that caffeine shampoo? I hear it works but you have to keep using it or it stops working. I know that hair loss can be really bad for some guys' self esteem so might be worth trying if it makes you feel better. As for how it makes you feel, I would try not to let it get to you too much, it's not nice and no one wants to lose their hair but for a lot of girls it's not a dealbreaker (and for those that it is, you probably don't want to be with someone who would reject you for something like that). You say you're skinny, so if it would make you feel better have you thought about working out? Someone like the Rock, Vin Diesel, or Bruce Willis all totally rock being bald. Obviously I'm not saying that you need to work out that much, but I do, personally, think that bigger guys look better bald than smaller ones - so if that helps your self esteem, perhaps give that a try?

I'm going to leave this in Mental Health as it seems to be more about how you feel than stopping the hair loss.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.